Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Comments

• Hi
    Has anyone successfully claimed for flight EXS694 (8 June 2016 from Verona to East Midlands)?

Also is there anyway of finding out why our flight was delayed?

Thanks, Sarah
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Has anyone successfully claimed for flight EXS694 (8 June 2016 from Verona to East Midlands)?

EUClaim shows €250 compensation applicable. Have you claimed and been rejected?
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite

Also is there anyway of finding out why our flight was delayed?

Thanks, Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Sadly the truth will only have a chance of coming out in Court proceedings....

.. it may not come to that read Vaubans guide and issue a NBA, there's a link in my signature.. if they know that they are on a loser, they will probably pay at this stage - re-post and do please let us know how you get on
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello Sarah,
    The starting point is that if your flight was delayed you are entitled to compensation under the regulations unless the airline can prove that the reason was "extraordinary circumstances". So make your claim and see what they say. Were you given a letter of explanation when you landed?
    The initial response is important as if it later turns out in Court that the airline gave a false explanation, the Judge will take a dim view of it.
  • JillyT
    JillyT Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 September 2016 at 5:07PM
    Our flight from Portugal to Blackpool was delayed 5hrs in 2012, because of a cracked windscreen. I tried to claim 2.5years ago and got as far as the ACC who told me to contact the Portuguese ACC. I got nowhere with them so gave up.

Then after reading the forum again couple of weeks ago, I decided to try again and claim for the 7 flights. I emailed Jet2, not mentioning I had tried to claim previously. They told me to write in which I did. They replied saying I could only claim for myself and the others would have to claim individually. Well today, much to my absolute delight and amazement, I got a cheque for £344.65!!! Result!!!
  • NoviceAngel
    JillyT wrote: »
    Well today, much to my absolute delight and amazement, I got a cheque for £344.65!!! Result!!!

Any money from Jet2 is always an achievement, but I would read Vaubans guide and work out for yourself how much you are entitled to, might be more than they've paid so far?!

They hinted that they would not be paying the full amount, saying that they would only pay your claim? Well done on getting a payout, but you should do some more reading and investigation....

Good luck

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JillyT
    JillyT Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 September 2016 at 12:30AM
    Thanx NoviceAngel...My letter says "full and final settlement" of my claim under EC Regulation 261/2004 ....
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes JillyT but you initially said your claim was for 7 people so obviously settlement should be £345.65 x 7. Ensure that whilst Jet2 have said the others must claim individually but also saying "full and final" they are not pulling a fast one.
    What is happening to the claim(s) for the other 6? Incidentally the lead passenger of the 7 should have submitted the claim and not be fobbed off by Jet2 that individual claims were required. Looks like Jet2 are (as usual) making life difficult for you at the same time as keeping the money in their bank rather than yours.
  • NoviceAngel
    If they want to play silly beggars, then ask each individual person to make a claim and then when they ask why? Quote the persons name on your claim letter. More cash can be painfully extracted from Jet2s coffers

• Even if the wording is ambiguous, Jet2 can't rely on full and final for all the claimants because there was no consideration.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure