Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    SADIE wrote: »
    What did the courier say when you quizzed them about the no show?

I've had some problems as a courier, a different day being given for collection to me and to the customer although generally I lose and it's a day earlier than the customer expects.

If that's not the case, complain, My Hermes don't like no shows from couriers.

I did say to the courier you were meant to me here on Monday, he said he knows its late but was given the job from someone else
  • Emmarillo
    Emmarillo Posts: 513 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I haven't used My Hermes to send parcels but I have a lot delivered by them (Debenhams, Boden, Next) and i've never been less than impressed. Also we live in a small close and I work at the front of the house and see the driver almost every day. The driver is an older gentleman, very efficient, and seems to know who has school runs etc, and works around that; and hes very appreciated by us.
    Thats not to say that the company's not a complete shambles, but my experiences are good.
  • sillywilly
    sillywilly Posts: 701 Forumite
    Worked fine for me, arrived at time stated and delivered quickly.
  • SADIE
    SADIE Posts: 527 Forumite
    Originally posted by deanos
    I also have problems with My Hermes, the goods get here fine but if i have to send something back they never turn up on the day, i booked a return for Monday and they turned up this morning , always the same they never turn up when they are meant to.
    Originally posted by SADIE
    What did the courier say when you quizzed them about the no show?

I've had some problems as a courier, a different day being given for collection to me and to the customer although generally I lose and it's a day earlier than the customer expects.

If that's not the case, complain, My Hermes don't like no shows from couriers.
    Originally posted by deanos
    I did say to the courier you were meant to me here on Monday, he said he knows its late but was given the job from someone else
    Someones telling Porkys.
    MyHermes don't pass on jobs to other companies. If a MyHermes parcel is undelivered head office is on to you before your bum touches the chair or( the minute you close down your HHT and download, they are aware). They want to know why and to be sure it's a customer problem and not a courier problem.
  • kessik
    kessik Posts: 284 Forumite
    Just sent another parcel with myhermes, booked it last night and the courier was here by 10 this morning. Really, I think they're good.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    I have now cancelled my Grattan account because of the useless Hermes courier , got another return sat here that was meant to be picked up on Monday and Hermes have still not been to collect and its Friday tomorrow
  • kiwicat
    kiwicat Posts: 11 Forumite
    Always had excellent service. Send lots of parcels and have no complaint. I think it is an error to complain about one failure, sort it and try again!
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    kiwicat wrote: »
    Always had excellent service. Send lots of parcels and have no complaint. I think it is an error to complain about one failure, sort it and try again!

mmmhmmmmmm
  • I have received a parcel today, dispached in good faith by a fellow Ebayer, the parcel was well wrapped/ packed up, however the contents ( a cofffee set) arrived more than 70% broken to pieces out of 18 pieces 6 saucers and 3 cups remained intact, i would not recomend anyone to use this co. The Royal Mail may not be as reliable as it once was but the extra expence incurred from using them is in my opinion very worthwhile.:mad:
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    rob37rob wrote: »
    I have received a parcel today, dispached in good faith by a fellow Ebayer, the parcel was well wrapped/ packed up, however the contents ( a cofffee set) arrived more than 70% broken to pieces out of 18 pieces 6 saucers and 3 cups remained intact, i would not recomend anyone to use this co. The Royal Mail may not be as reliable as it once was but the extra expence incurred from using them is in my opinion very worthwhile.:mad:

Not that well wrapped up, patently.
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family