Small Biz & Charities Moneysaving Board - please read for links to important topics

Savvy_Sue
Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,892
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
edited 21 January 2015 at 10:32AM in Small biz MoneySaving
This is the new Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving Board Sticky where links to current important threads will be kept.

MSE Charity:

Does your charity want an MSE Charity grant for consumer/finance projects?
See if your charity meets the criteria: The MSE Charity. Related: MSE's Charity Fund, How This Site's Financed

Charities Links:

Fundraising, Raffles & Generally Useful Sites

Starting a charity

Small Business Links:

Bank Accounts Discussion Area

Gas & Electricity Discussion Area

Insurance Discussion Area

Small Business Debt Advice Discussion

Small Business Start Up Discussion

Small Business Telecoms Discussion Area

Top Small Biz Savings Accounts
Signature removed for peace of mind

Comments

• Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    I think you forgot to stick it ;)
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,892
    Forumite
    Aquamania wrote: »
    I think you forgot to stick it ;)
    :o Indeed I did!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Thank for you !!!!!!!!!
  • Hi there
    We have a limited company which has purchased a freehold of mixed use commercial property, convenience store with flat upstairs. Apportionment of which is: £125K for residential flat, £125K for shop, £150K for fixtures, fittings & business goodwill, can someone please advise what SDLT should we be paying i.e.

1. £2500, which is 1% of total freehold value of brick & mortar
    2. £12,000 which is 3% of complete sale value of £400,000

Regards
    Tony
  • Hi there
    We have a limited company which has purchased a freehold of mixed use commercial property, convenience store with flat upstairs. Apportionment of which is: £125K for residential flat, £125K for shop, £150K for fixtures, fittings & business goodwill, can someone please advise what SDLT should we be paying i.e.

1. £2500, which is 1% of total freehold value of brick & mortar
    2. £12,000 which is 3% of complete sale value of £400,000

Regards
    Tony
  • Here, we can get a number of useful informative from a single place.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323
    Forumite
    edited 20 March 2017 at 9:08AM
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this.

After a bit of a tough time over the years with employment, my ex is doing better than expected as a self employed security guard. He's earning 4-5k a month, which takes him over the higher tax band. He hasn't got an accountant yet (its taken a while to get him securely employed as a self employed security guard, the first company he worked for was a disaster, the one he's with now is working out very well indeed, lots of work).

He has a UTR number.

He has a dog so needs liability insurance. I have found https://www.cliverton.co.uk/insurance-products/commercial/security-guards, a speciality security guard insurance company. So I think I can tick that one of the list of 'to do's'

He probably needs to investigate if there's any insurance if his dog is unable to work due to sickness.

He needs to find a good accountant. I can do basic book keeping but no idea about tax allowances etc. How do we find one?

Are there any good books (not too heavy, my concentration isn't what it should be unfortunately) that I can read to help him and me understand what he needs to do as a self employed person? Its all new to him (and me, I try to help him as he's not overly good with admin).
  • leonnaise
    leonnaise Posts: 8 Forumite
    Not sure if this is the right place but thought this might be helpful to anyone doing a penny/coin drive, there's kiosks around London that take mixed coins and pay out in £, called Fourex and they also take out of circulation pre Euro currency too. Made it much easier to exchange as nowhere takes coins!
  • fewgroats
    fewgroats Posts: 774
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Freelancing links?
    Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.
  • fewgroats said:
    Freelancing links?
    try google??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills