Cheap car hire article discussion

Comments

• malky39
    malky39 Posts: 700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Since no one knows the supplier concerned, do you really expect a subjective opinion?
    You haven't even stated destination and dates. This isn't a psychic board. ;)

Sorry I had mentioned it in a previous post. It's in carcassonne France, that's the problem as well as they do not provide the name of the supplier until you have made the booking and paid at least a non refundable deposit, for the cheapest deal.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    malky39 wrote: »
    Sorry I had mentioned it in a previous post. It's in carcassonne France, that's the problem as well as they do not provide the name of the supplier until you have made the booking and paid at least a non refundable deposit, for the cheapest deal.

Pop some dates and your price quote down so that people can make a comparison or find a better deal.
    Clearly your issue is with not knowing the supplier, so pop some proper details down so comparisons can be made.
  • malky39
    edited 5 October 2016 at 10:16PM
    Pop some dates and your price quote down so that people can make a comparison or find a better deal.
    Clearly your issue is with not knowing the supplier, so pop some proper details down so comparisons can be made.

21/06/16-28/06/16 Compact class of car, Atlas were coming in at £90, your correct my issue is with not knowing the supplier, and reviews of the agents use seem to vary greatly.
  • NiftyDigits
    21/06/16-28/06/16 Compact class of car, Atlas were coming in at £90, your correct my issue is with not knowing the supplier, and reviews of the agents use seem to vary greatly.

That date has already passed. Supplier is possibly FireFly(Hertz's low cost brand). Though possibly not, as your quote may have limited km usage. Book direct with FireFly(or pay the few pounds more to go with AVIS/Hertz) and do not neglect to purchase standalone car hire excess insurance.

Don't forget Quidco. http://www.quidco.com/firefly-car-rental/
  • malky39
    That date has already passed. Supplier is possibly FireFly(Hertz's low cost brand). Though possibly not, as your quote may have limited km usage. Book direct with FireFly(or pay the few pounds more to go with AVIS/Hertz) and do not neglect to purchase standalone car hire excess insurance.

Don't forget Quidco. http://www.quidco.com/firefly-car-rental/
    Not paying attention it was 2017. I will get standalone insurance. The extra to go with hertz is £150 for a smaller car. With firefly direct £25 more. So if atlas are using firefly I would book with them as the difference will pay for my separate insurance
  • NiftyDigits
    Not paying attention it was 2017. I will get standalone insurance. The extra to go with hertz is £150 for a smaller car. With firefly direct £25 more. So if atlas are using firefly I would book with them as the difference will pay for my separate insurance

I don't know from where you get £90.
    Your dates with Atlas:
    Capture2.jpg

It seems that you are not following. I stated that it might be FireFly, but possibility not, as your choice suggests limited km per day.
    FireFly direct with Quidco is currently £106.
    If you aren't prepared to pay £3 more for peace of mind, I don't know what to tell you.
    Capture3.jpg
  • malky39
    I don't know from where you get £90.
    Your dates with Atlas:
    Capture2.jpg

It seems that you are not following. I stated that it might be FireFly, but possibility not, as your choice suggests limited km per day.
    FireFly direct with Quidco is currently £106.
    If you aren't prepared to pay £3 more for peace of mind, I don't know what to tell you.
    Capture3.jpg
    I was following, and understood that you were only speculating that it could be firefly.
    I got the £90 through a comparison site, it was limited mileage but 300km per day which is plenty, cant remember which one right now as I tried many. But the price may have gone up. Obviously if there is only £3 difference I will book directly with firefly.
    Thanks for the all the advice
  • NiftyDigits
    I was following, and understood that you were only speculating that it could be firefly.
    I got the £90 through a comparison site, it was limited mileage but 300km per day which is plenty, cant remember which one right now as I tried many. But the price may have gone up. Obviously if there is only £3 difference I will book directly with firefly.
    Thanks for the all the advice

Best to book via Quidco asap, as you can cancel without charge up to 48 hours before arrival.
    Q: How can I cancel my reservation? Is there a charge?

A: You can cancel your reservation by using “Modify/Cancel Reservation” field of the reservation box, in the homepage. If you cancel your reservation up to 48 hours before your pick-up date and time, you will be refunded the whole amount of your reservation. Alternatively, you will be refunded the reservation amount, minus a late cancellation fee of €30+VAT.

Make sure that you have your no fee credit card at hand in time for the trip.

If you don't have a no fee card at the mo, you can organise a Revolut account in minutes and use the virtual card produced to pay for the rental.
    You'll likely need a CC on arrival. The Halifax Clarity, Creation Everyday, SAGA Platinum and Post Office Platinum all fit the bill.
  • malky39
    Best to book via Quidco asap, as you can cancel without charge up to 48 hours before arrival.

Make sure that you have your no fee credit card at hand in time for the trip.

If you don't have a no fee card at the mo, you can organise a Revolut account in minutes and use the virtual card produced to pay for the rental.
    You'll likely need a CC on arrival. The Halifax Clarity, Creation Everyday, SAGA Platinum and Post Office Platinum all fit the bill.

Will be doing it tonight. Already have the clarity card and nationwide fee free credit card so they will be used.
    Again thanks for the help
  • malky39
    Went through atlas via travelsupermarket for £90, you were correct it was with firefly which i also managed to workout from another comparison site.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback