Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• groovyf
    groovyf Posts: 286 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 17 February 2015 at 8:37PM
    Options
    I was sure I was promised sun, sun and more sun today... sadly not it seems!
    4.53 kWh / 1.13 O's
    System peaked at 1633Wh so I guess the sun appeared around its peak at some point! :D

Only just crossed 50% PVGIS for this month... not looking good to hit target. And if I don't, I'm going to blame that on the day the inverter failed to kick-in losing me what would probably have been the best day so far this year!
    4kWp system (Feb 2014) : 1.5 SW, 2.5 NE (16x Bisol BMO/250, Aurora Power-One UNO PVI-3.6 Inverter : pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=29935
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    groovyf wrote: »
    I was sure I was promised sun, sun and more sun today... sadly not it seems!
    4.53 kWh / 1.13 O's
    System peaked at 1633Wh so I guess the sun appeared around its peak at some point! :D

Only just crossed 50% PVGIS for this month... not looking good to hit target. And if I don't, I'm going to blame that on the day the inverter failed to kick-in losing me what would probably have been the best day so far this year!
    It was glorious sunshine in the town centre! How on earth did you manage that!:(
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • groovyf
    groovyf Posts: 286 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    It was glorious sunshine in the town centre! How on earth did you manage that!:(

That'll be the NE-facing panels and that still low-in-the-sky sun.
    If nothing else, it gave me my smallest import so far this year so it's not all bad.
    4kWp system (Feb 2014) : 1.5 SW, 2.5 NE (16x Bisol BMO/250, Aurora Power-One UNO PVI-3.6 Inverter : pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=29935
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    Best day since installation 13,000 Wh / 3,780 Wp = 3.45 Os.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    Solar installed yesterday:-) Earlier it reads 12.6

Welcome to the gang. That's a good day to start. Tomorrow looks promising.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • old_grouser
    Options
    ...and whoopee! At 3pm Rufus the roof got to 16.5kWh, which is my Hawaii score. I think Rufus wins the silver spoon, which is nice, because I collect spoons (Victorian serving spoons, mostly). I'm going to buy Rufus a spoon...

Today ended on 5.33 Os...and, as promised, I've just bought a mystery selection of silver spoons on Ebay. (The seller admits he doesn't know what he's selling, and I'm only guessing, which is part of the fun.)
    I aim to select a nice one and donate it for the best day's performance (in O's) in 2015, as a sort of counterweight to all those wooden ones going around.
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • Oscargrouch
    Options
    shavy65 wrote: »
    Hoping for a bit of advice. I received a geo Minim Electricity Energy Monitor in the post today. My plan was to use it in conjunction with my geo solo PV monitor so I could make the most of my generation without importing. I'm guessin this is useless as it can't detect which direction I'm "flowing" meaning even when I'm exporting it's showing as important. Does this seem right enough? Would like to know before I return it.
    Cheers

Crap...coffee.gif

Best day since installation 13,000 Wh / 3,780 Wp = 3.45 Os.

Your result is a good comparison to mine, comparing the relative close coordinates....
    Today ended on 5.33 Os...and, as promised, I've just bought a mystery selection of silver spoons on Ebay. (The seller admits he doesn't know what he's selling, and I'm only guessing, which is part of the fun.)
    I aim to select a nice one and donate it for the best day's performance (in O's) in 2015, as a sort of counterweight to all those wooden ones going around.

Excuse me, are you trying to compete with my offer of a 'Snickers Bar'?.....coffee.gif

Today a 4.2 O's....coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Martyn,
    A lovely sunny day today, and 3 Os by lunchtime - could this be the first Hawaii of the year? For once I'm not grousing; but I wouldn't cut the lawns - it just stimulates the moss!

Cheers OG, that was all the encouragement I needed to not bother mowing the lawns. Do you fancy being my LMA sponsor? Every time I get the urge to 'go for a sneaky mow' I can contact you, and you'll talk me down.

Smashing generation by you yesterday. Certainly smashed mine.

Got 2 O's with 11.2kWh. Let down in the afternoon when the sky clouded over, so got 10kWh (2.8 Os) from the ESE but only 1.2kWh (0.6 Os) from the WNW but was hoping for 3kWh+.

Forecast for today is the opposite, nice but slightly cloudy start with a sunny finish - we'll see.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • old_grouser
    Options

Excuse me, are you trying to compete with my offer of a 'Snickers Bar'?.....coffee.gif

Oscar,
    Sorry! No intention of treading on your toes! I missed reading your generous offer - in fact I still can't find the original message online - so I have four questions. (1) Is the Snickers Bar for the highest generation of the year (in O's) or for the first Hawaii? - 'cos whichever it is, I'll do the other, even if it means awarding myself my own spoon. (2) Is the bar real or virtual? (3) Were you intending to have it engraved? (4) If somebody wins it three years running, do they get to keep it forever?
    I feel a bit paternalistic about this thread, because [see message #1] it's all my fault really...
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good day yesterday, best since 22nd September, with 3.92 Os. Spent the day in London, place was absolutely heaving.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback