Pay for loan with credit card

Options
I currently have debt on my debit card and was wondering if I can get a loan to pay it off and then pay off the loan with a credit card?

Comments

• lynz68
    lynz68 Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    Why not just get a credit card that allows 0% money transfer to your bank account cutting out the need for a loan?
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Debt on your debit card - do you mean you are overdrawn? Much better to make a plan to pay it off rather than shuffling it over to other forms of credit. How much is it and how did you get into debt? If it is too much to repay over a few months and the interest rate is high then a 0% money transfer credit card is the best option. There will be fees though.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Or 0% purchases and put your grocery/petrol money into loan
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Simonw200 wrote: »
    I currently have debt on my debit card and was wondering if I can get a loan to pay it off and then pay off the loan with a credit card?

Debt on your debit card, do you mean overdrawn ?

How did it occur, really should sort out why you went overdrawn.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure