Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Comments

• mary-op
    mary-op Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    Laura - what a super card.............I love it:T Did you just randomly cut the shapes out or have a template of some sort to go by ?

dallam - lovely card - super colours :T

I've done a couple of Easter cards this morning -I know its early but it gave me something different to do. Cut out bunny rabbits head out of felt and stuck it on some card with some carrot embellishments I'd got. I'm quite pleased with them and even OH approves..............lol:)
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • georgiegirl2012, ive sent you an email, 2 files ,1 has 4 larger legomen on an a4 paper, the other is a png file with legoman on, its a transparent file so just outline of legoman, so if you try to do as you where before (putting 2 next to each other) you can literately put them holding hands if you want! you can also print on coloured or patterned paper, but dont forget legoman is also transparent. hth clair xxx
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    dallam20 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm an addicted card maker and have just found this thread. I have decided to ressurect my BLOG after a year and posted a card I made last week. Bought the yummy paper from The Glitter Pot. Full details on my BLOG

feb%2B11%2Bcards%2B002.jpg

Dawn x

Welcome to the thread,what lovely cards on your blog :T
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just posted anoiher card made with the freebie image from betterlife.its in the usual place[thats my homepage if your a newbie]
    hugs to all xx
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Managed to get through a mountain of washing today - where does it all come from??? I got round to blogging Mum's birthday card before so its on my homepage if anyone fancies a nose! Got to go and wash up now!

Betterlife- hope your DS settles better for you tonight - sounds like you've got your hands full! Am I right in thinking that you've got 4 kids??? How do you cope??? I've got 3 boys at the minute - aged 8,7 and 1 and my little girl is due April 3rd. How did your cake turn out???

Bananagirl85 - hope you have a fab time tonight, I'm sure my sister and brother are going to see him soon too.

LauraD - I think your card is great - really original and creative - love how you've used fabric for the hat, gloves and scarf.

Addams - congrats on your win - how exciting!!!!

Dallam20 - welcome to the thread! Love your card, I find boy's cards really difficult to do, but I love the bright colours on yours - especially the boat paper. I'm following you now too.
  • Laura_D_3
    Laura_D_3 Posts: 268 Forumite
    mary-op wrote: »
    Laura - what a super card.............I love it:T Did you just randomly cut the shapes out or have a template of some sort to go by ?

Thanks Mary-op and everyone else who said nice things - you guys are really lovely :) Nope I'm not advanced enough to randomly cut shapes :rotfl:I got the most basic picture of a snowboarder I could find on the web and cut accordingly - at least I think it looks like a snowboarder :D
  • dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Welcome to the newbies, fab cards.
    Sorry if I haven't commented on everyones blogs yesterday and today but my finger is hurting and I having to keep it straight in a splint which is not good for typing or crafting:(
    Can anyone reccommend some nice male papers I have a few male cards to make in the next couple of weeks
  • Addams
    Addams Posts: 881 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    PONR - I know its a shame some of it needs to be spent on the roof, but at least I have some for stash.

Dallam - Welcome, your card is lovely, I am also a follower now too.

I was speaking to someone yesterday about cardmaking and they said 'it must save you a fortune!' Well I just burst out laughing, because I spend more on cards now than I ever did before!
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • kms26
    kms26 Posts: 846 Forumite
    Addams wrote: »
    PONR - I know its a shame some of it needs to be spent on the roof, but at least I have some for stash.

Dallam - Welcome, your card is lovely, I am also a follower now too.

I was speaking to someone yesterday about cardmaking and they said 'it must save you a fortune!' Well I just burst out laughing, because I spend more on cards now than I ever did before!

It actually annoys me when people say things like that! :rotfl: Don't they realise how much things cost

Dragonllew - Wild Rose have some nice ones here and These are nice too, ooh and these
  • fluffyb
    fluffyb Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Hello everyone :D

I have been lurking on these card making threads for ages now and you are all really inspiring. I love looking at what you have created and picking up your tips too.

I hope you don't mind me asking for your help on my first post :eek::o

I have been asked by my son and his fiancee to make personalised thank you cards for the principal people at their wedding in May - ie the bridesmaids/flower girls/pageboy/bestmen [2!!]/the ushers and I think the 2 people giving a reading.

My problem is I am so fussy when I am asked to make cards for other people :rotfl::rotfl: and it has to be perfect but I am totally having a card makers mental block as I cant think of any ideas to make them that bit extra special :eek:

Does anyone know of any good wedding clipart sites or have any of you made these type of thank you cards yourselves?

I have been making cards for years and have a lot of the die cutting machines - Big Shot/Side kick/Wizard/Cuttlebug/Quickutz but I am stumped for any original ideas to make them really special, original and personalised.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received and you would be my best friends forever :rotfl::rotfl::j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure