Staff Discount cards - How much do you save?

Comments

• I work for Boots and we get 12½% on non boots goods and 22½% on own goods our staff card has strict rules on its use but there are other perks to working at boots!
    Growing old is manditory, Growing up is optional! :j
  • I work for the nhs and we were given a booklet with loads of places that will give you a discount on producing your ID card, Saved about £10 in Chester Zoo last year, can save in restaurants, cinemas, gyms, book shops and loads more. That is the only perk working for the nhs.
    Pole Dancer In Training :rotfl: ;);) :rotfl:
  • nads
    nads Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's a darn shame because I do think HR could do a better job looking after nhs staff escpecialyl considering how many do work for the nhs. But that's a whole other story.
  • nads
    nads Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I work for Boots and we get 12½% on non boots goods and 22½% on own goods our staff card has strict rules on its use but there are other perks to working at boots!

What could you possibly mean? ;):D
  • grex9101
    grex9101 Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    I work for the railway, and get free travel to and from work saving £60/month ish. Also get 10 free 48 hour travel periods per year, potentially saving up to £1000. Also get corporate membership at my local gym, saving £8/month. I even save between 25-75% on rail travel overseas. AND I get paid LOTS!!!! :)
    The word is BOUGHT, not BROUGHT.
    It's LOSE, NOT LOOSE.
    You ask for ADVICE not ADVISE.
  • chudies
    chudies Posts: 262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I work for the nhs and we were given a booklet with loads of places that will give you a discount on producing your ID card, Saved about £10 in Chester Zoo last year, can save in restaurants, cinemas, gyms, book shops and loads more. That is the only perk working for the nhs.

hey there
    where does one get one of these books from?
    cheers
    :grouphug: Lets hug!! :grouphug:
  • I work for the local council and get nothing. There are plans in the pipeline to offer us discounts at the local swimming pool etc so heres hoping.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • I work for Midlands Co-operative Society in one of their supermarkets and I get:
    10% off food (15% off at Christmas)
    15% off non food excluding electricals (10%) - although rises to 20/25% twice a year on members days
    Discounts on Funeral Services, Garage Services
    Plus special staff services sometimes! - my mum got a stereo system worth 300 for just over 100 before Christmas!
    Last year after the profits had been announced p/t employees got 50 pounds in MCS vouchers, and f/t 100 pounds in vouchers, but you had to be working there for at least a year, so I missed out :( . Hopefully if profits go up this year I'll get something!
  • shopbot
    shopbot Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    NHS employees may want to have a look at:
    http://www.nhsdiscounts.com/
  • through my husbands work i get my car mot for £1.00 and he also gets 30% off a new car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure