Vanquis sent me pre-selected invitation to apply for their cc

I have never applied for their credit card so wondering how they managed to get my details. The letter is already partially filled with my personal details.

Ps I think its poor way to target potential customers. I don't think I even fall into their ideal customer spectrum. I have over 18k available across 4 credit cards and overdraft. Have never paid any interest whatsoever and neither do I need to build credit. The last card I applied and accepted for was cap1 world mastercard which according to their site is only offered to people with nearly perfect history so begs the question what are vanquis looking to achieve if I apply for their credit card.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    James129 wrote: »
    I have never applied for their credit card so wondering how they managed to get my details.

They'll have bought them via Experian or Equifax. And your credit file, rightly or wrongly, will have been interpreted as in being in this sort of market.
  • really does it matter? they mass mail everyone and hope they get a lot of business from doing so.

It doesn't mean they necessarily are choosing to target you in particular. Just bin the form, thats what I do
  • PDF
    PDF Posts: 179 Forumite
    I recently got a Crap1 card (Jan 12) and this week had the same letter from Vanquis. I blame Crap1. Filed in the bin.
  • Robo787
    Robo787 Posts: 45 Forumite
    I got a pre-selected invitation from Vanqis recently and just shredded it.

Got rid of a Capital One debt when i went BR in Feb, why get in more debt again.

I never want another CC again. They need us more than we need them.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Robo787 wrote: »
    Got rid of a Capital One debt when i went BR in Feb, why get in more debt again.

I never want another CC again. They need us more than we need them.

Having/using a credit card and being in debt needn't go hand in hand. A credit card can be a good friend if used wisely.

And as for the they need us more than we need them comment, I'm not so sure about that. You only have to read this forum to realise how desperate some people are to get a credit card. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure