Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Comments

• Quick pop in. In the car on the way home from my nieces birthday party. It's been so nice getting out with DP to chase DS so I can just relax. NSD x
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Quick pop in NSD here. Awful sleep last night awake from 3am! DP is off work now so it feels like I've had a day off. Went for a 2 mile walk alone earlier with my music on it was bliss, then a nice hour long bath and read my book. Then had an hours snuggle with DS and watched toy story. Lovely day x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Hannah I feel like you have been pregnant for so long. I know we don't know each other im real life but I feel so excited about your baby coming. I can't wait to read your blog and see that its arrived. Hope last days are going well. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Hey HR - wish I had your day. Mine was spent going to the tip and painting garden walls!
    Hope you get some ZZZ's tonight.
    Like PSL I'm excited too about impending arrival! xxx
  • Morning, pretty decent nights sleep. No baby yet wahhhh I'm getting feed up. I really thought he would be here by now as DS was born by this stage in my pregnancy with him. Trying to not just sit waiting and getting annoyed but doing things is costing money!! DP is off work now and I really don't feel like I want him to go in for extra shifts it's so nice being rested for whenever it happens. We went out to soft play yesterday and I just sat and ready my book it was lovely. Then we decided to have a Mc's lunch £12 total with pud as we get discount. Also popped to TK Max as he needs new clothes for this new job £65 spent on shirts he'll need to buy some trouser and ties but I'll try talk him into just one trousers and a couple of ties for now until his pay goes up. He paid this on his card but we will see where his account is sitting when he gets paid Thursday and hopefully not have to use the savings to cover this.

My phone bill came in £20 higher than exspected I called and there was a £20 upgrade charge I didn't realise about. Also BT bill came out of our bank at twice the normal amount so I'll get DP to call and see what that's all about!!!

So it's not going too well money wise £60 in unexpected bills and still waiting for baby means we are spending money. We were tempted to get a curry last night but deciddd against it. Not sure what we'll do today it's forecast rain so that rules out a free walk in the woods or the park for DS. I was thinking maybe swimming well for DP and DS anyway I'd just watch as am in the beached whale stage so will sit in the cafe and watch. I'll see what DP thinks when he wakes up.

I've been going for a 2 mile walk the last three days while DS naps it's been lovely getting out on my old running route with my music on and having some me time. Can't wait to run again.

Wish me luck for not spending much and going into labour today. Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    That's a pain about BT and your phone bill. I really hope today is the day for you. Every day after your due date seems to last forever!! Wow, well done on the 2 mile walks......by the end of my pregnancy with ds I couldn't manage to walk to the local co-op which is literally around the corner as I was in so much pain. I'm very impressed! It's nice for you to have dp home now.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Just checked TopCashback back and I had £10 payable from the energy swap so I've cashed that out to cover some of the extra bills. Hopefully BT have messed up again but we shall see later when DP calls.

DP has a swollen throat and headache so we'll just stay in today I think. I'll get out for a walk again when it's stopped raining. NSD hopefully the fridge is getting empty again though so if I can be bothered I may pop for a small food top up. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Quick pop in.....mainly because I don't want to be awol to long as I know there is a few people waiting on baby news. Still no baby or sign of him.

NSD today (so far hoping hospital parking later) we went for a walk around a local reservoir this morning. Just about to get DS tucked up then I'm going to head for a nap. Awful nights sleep last night. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Oh poor you - I remember the waiting game well. Hope you get some rest and can keep chirpy. Big hugs your little one will be in your arms before you know it xx
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Ah yes, the waiting game. It sucks. 13 days over last time, so I can completely sympathise. I hope you get a better sleep tonight (or even better, you are spending the night in hospital having a baby!!).
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts