Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Comments

• I switched to Greenstar at the beginning on October hoping they would be like the Co-op used to be when it was a small supplier. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Although the staff working at the call centre are all very friendly, they are not available after 6pm or at the weekends which makes contact difficult if you work full-time. If you send an email you don't get a reply - I sent one at the end of September & another one on 10th November & haven't received a reply to either.
    The switch itself went smoothly, however their confirmation email advised me that my 1st direct debit would be taken on 1st November. This did not happen so I spoke to a lady on 11th November who was unable to explain what had gone wrong. She did offer me a selection of dates I could chose from when my direct debit could be processed. I chose 20th November only to find that nothing happened on this date either. On phoning again today I am advised that my direct debit is due to start on 20th December as apparently they didn't have enough time to set it up. This is almost 3 months after my switch! Not happy that I was not informed of this new date in writing, seem very inefficient!
  • Have now got two accounts with Green Star - they have been the quickest and most efficient of all suppliers used over several years - Extra Energy [ still waiting for final bill , 3 months ago.], SSE, SWALEC ,First Utility, Sainsburys and N Power all lag behind . Full and informative welcome e.mail and a 'dated' quick switch, which has been completed on time. Great approach to meter reading - often at first so you get to know how you're doing. Hope this helps - glad I took the plunge with this one .
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I've just this morning been notified by email that my first bill with Green Star is available to view and have checked it and it's about spot on (within less than £2 of my calculation which must mean I'm using the wrong calorific value calculation, but it's close enough for me).

The service so far has been very good. The switch happened on time, my monthly readings are on the bill, everything is clearly set out, they even sent me an email about week ago indicating that if I did an extra reading on 30/11 they would use that reading for my bill, which they have done.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • Hi everyone.

Just created a profile to reply to this thread.

Switched to GreenStar in August. Had an issue with my online account (password). Called and called and called => no response. Tried again the day after => someone who could not help and asked me to send an email to customer service.

Did that.

No one cared.

I then forgot about it until I received an email mid Sept asking for my meter reader to be updated on my online account.

Went back to call them and try to get that password thing sorted => same result. Emailed, emailed, emailed. No one ever answered.

I am now on a second debt letter because I still haven't got access to my account. I won't lie here, I haven't tried that hard in between because I just forgot about it and moved on to other things.

Bottom line is: I never got a reply from the email.

Tonight I have sent an email to their MD: joanne thornton - email is jthornton@hudsonenergy.co.uk (took me 40 mins to find the email on the web but got there eventually).

I have received an out of office but with her mobile number. I am going to give her 1 week to reply to me when she gets back and if I still don't hear from them I will give her a call and publish the number here.

Julien
  • akkers
    akkers Posts: 259
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    This was mentioned in one of the consumer TV programmes. But according to what they said it came across a this tariff being 'all you can eat'. ie; Fixed price for as much use as you like.
    Surely this cannot be right. Please correct me.
  • just a quick update, after emailing joanne thornton their MD they have sorted my account so I can now get on.

use the email address it does work
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    We switched to Green Star on 10th September and our first payment was the end of September. No complaints on that, we have had our first bill and were very marginally in credit at that stage so all is going well.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • Hello, me again.

After the issue with accessing my account I found out that they had not switched my gas. Apparently the previous supplier did a challenge of some non-sense like this.

Anyway.

I took me quite a while again to get this sorted but in December they managed to switch me.

I was quite annoyed so I made a complaint to their team because of the poor customer service I had experienced from August. I took some time and effort and to be fair to them I think they got overloaded at that period, but anyway they apologised last week and offered me to take off the difference between what I had paid with Coop and what would the gas have costed me wit them had the switch been completed on time as agreed.

They have also offered 20 pounds credit on my account for all the time wasted.

So OK they were a pain at the beginning and got things wrong but credit to them for the way they have fixed it.
  • dezza
    dezza Posts: 191
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Received an inaccurate bill in November, despite providing a meter reading at the correct time. DD went out in December despite phoning them several times to correct, then another inaccurate bill arrives in January.

Complaints go unanswered - despite them saying responses should be received by the next working day. Emails take around a month for a reply - and even then they've supplied wrong information.

Atrocious service, and will definitely make me think twice about signing up to any supplier/tariff with an exit fee in future.
    "Kids respect landlords. I think it's the keys."
  • some feedback:
    - switched aug 2014 from npower, which was expensive and had very bad customer service
    - switching was smooth. called helpdesk once, got my issue sorted immediately
    - last year they started cheaper tariff, i contacted helpdesk and they arranged transition w/o fees
    so far very positive

negatives:
    - green star website is basic, there is no history of meter readings provided or power usage or consumption forecast
    - as of feb 2106 there are other tariffs which are about 8% cheaper (100..150 £/y at my consumption)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback