I think ive been ripped off!

Comments

• angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Sicard wrote: »
    Wow, you've done your homework.

Actually if the OP finds out the hosting company and explain the sites are illegal they are obliged to take them down.
    yes i could most likely list more as it is my industry. not all hosts will take such sites down. it depends who and where the host is.
    If a site is hosted on the Chinanet network then you can forget about having it taken down as chinanet just ignore any reports
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    yes i could most likely list more as it is my industry. not all hosts will take such sites down. it depends who and where the host is.
    If a site is hosted on the Chinanet network then you can forget about having it taken down as chinanet just ignore any reports

If that's the case there are other options though. It can be reported to Google and they can dissolve the searches relating to those sites. Another option is to report the sites to the FBI https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Sicard wrote: »
    If that's the case there are other options though. It can be reported to Google and they can dissolve the searches relating to those sites. Another option is to report the sites to the FBI https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
    FBI has no say in how the chines government run their state network ( yes chinanet is state run), even spamcop have stopped reporting spam reports to chinanet as they are just ignored
  • Corleona
    Corleona Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 7 August 2017 at 3:07PM
    Hi Castle Rock,
    Same thing happened to me. Ordered shoes via OldFordWorkshop.co.uk. The price of the shoes seemed ok, as the shoes sold for about the same price at Office. They just didn't sell my size,so I searched for a website that did.

The difference in my case being that I was charged for 2 different amounts (both different from the order amount) from accounts in Beijing. I disputed the amounts at the bank, blocked my card and reported it on ActionFraud.

Today, some shoes came in (definitely not the ones I ordered, and obviously a fake version of some sort of shoe). Exact same address you mentioned! I don't really know what to do with them.

Is your issue resolved now? What did you do?
  • Castle_Rock
    Castle_Rock Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Corleona wrote: »
    Hi Castle Rock,
    Same thing happened to me. Ordered shoes via OldFordWorkshop.co.uk. The price of the shoes seemed ok, as the shoes sold for about the same price at Office. They just didn't sell my size,so I searched for a website that did.

The difference in my case being that I was charged for 2 different amounts (both different from the order amount) from accounts in Beijing. I disputed the amounts at the bank, blocked my card and reported it on ActionFraud.

Today, some shoes came in (definitely not the ones I ordered, and obviously a fake version of some sort of shoe). Exact same address you mentioned! I don't really know what to do with them.

Hi Corleona, I just left it. I went into my bank Lloyds and I had to send them back to the address in China but the cost to do that was going to be too expensive as the bank couldn't guarantee that I woupd get my money back.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Castle Rock,

Corleona, did you pay by debit card or credit card?
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ordered shoes via OldFordWorkshop.co.uk.

Did alarm bells not ring at this point?
  • SeduLOUs
    SeduLOUs Posts: 2,171 Forumite
    I genuinely don't understand how people stumble into these sites? Are they finding them on Google, or are the links being posted on Facebook etc?
  • I think me as well. Is bank able to do something?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Kikus wrote: »
    I think me as well. Is bank able to do something?

Why not tell us more ?

Is the bank able to do something, well why not ask them tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure