Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Comments

• Hey Bob
    It's always the same really isn't it? You're always on the go and then as soon as you stop your immune system relaxes and BAM! I really enjoyed my afternoon out with dh and the kids, but the food was a waste of time because I can't taste anything. All I did was burn my tongue on some lasagne...
    The sofa is definitely coming to the end of its useful life. I think we'll need a new one within the next couple of years. I had a little look this morning and there was one I really liked for a shade under £400 in the sale. I'm thinking about it but no decision made as yet...
    We did the bare minimum of sale shopping. I got a ball of wool (needed to complete a project) and 4 toothbrushes. DS got a pair of football boots down to half price.
    Think I'm going to head off for an attempt at another early night...
  • Definitely over the worst of my manflu - although I still can't smell or taste anything much at all. I'm wiped out, really tired, but I hauled my backside off to Mr S on my own this morning for bread and milk. I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually really quiet - I can only presume that people were in there yesterday wiping the place out. I did spend a bit of cash on reduced food that I'm going to prep and freeze today, and I got LOADS of cheese, which I really love :D So I'm making big 'Christmas Dinner' for the four of us today with my pork, cheap Aldee veg, pigs in blankets, reduced Mr S veg and hundreds of leftovers hopefully. I also 'treated' myself to a couple of new pairs of work trousers, which I've been pretty desperate for...
    The fridge is full, the oven is on, I've done my daily jobs and prepped all of the veggies. All that remains is for me to cook everything up, finish my last crochet blanket present (I have until Saturday for this) and try and beat this rotten cold.
  • Hi CCL.. Hope you feel better very soon x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Good things to report:
    I appear to have my sense of smell back again, which means I can enjoy food.
    I have completed my final crochet blanket gift with 3 days to spare.
    I did my big cook up with masses of leftovers filling up the fridge now.

Not good things to report:
    The roast dinner has had an adverse effect on ds backside and I can smell him...
    It's absolutely freezing tonight
    I have no pease pudding to go with my ham

Good things to report to finish with:
    I am loads better than I was
    I can buy pease pudding tomorrow
    I am on my way to bed for what I hope will be a really good night of sleep.
  • Hola!
    I've been a bit of a busy bunny today, getting lots done and things ticked off the list. I'm feeling a bit ropey now but just general tiredness rather than ill. The manflu is almost on the way out now and I'm just about back to my old self.
    Had my first PT session in ages this morning, and got to a good start by having to scrape a very thick frost off the car. Then onto hitting the shops to get the kids some new school shoes as they both needed them. DD picked hers in the sale at New Look for £6 whereas ds cost £42 at Clarks. :eek: We also did £shop challenge - dd got chilli crisps and ds got a phone case. I couldn't bear being at the shops any longer than I had to be because it was so busy - I was really keen just to get home asap.
    Did the daily housework jobs and a couple of niggling tasks. Now just need to finish sorting out and boxing up the leftovers from yesterday, and then have some down time. The temperature has never gotten over 3 degrees today so the heating has had to be on at various points... I'm going to do this boxing up, then have a shower and get snuggled up in my fleecy pj's with some crochet.
  • I can definitely tell I've had a few days off from training - stiff as a board when I woke up this morning... May have also slept funny as my neck is a bit stiff. Gawd, I'm such a whinge - it's one thing after another; anxiety, manflu, stiff joints and aching muscles. :tongue: I'm ok though - always am.
    Not too many plans for the day ahead - I'm long overdue a catch up with the bestie. I haven't seen her since the week before Christmas due to her being away then my getting ill. She has a very reduced immune system so I need to stay well back when I'm not 100% physically. Going over there once the kids are up and about so that we can have a cuppa and a catch up. Hopefully this should mean I manage to avoid spendy times and get a day off from fighting my way through the shops. I don't need or want anything, the fridge is full of food etc.
    I'm just going to get the daily jobs done and relax a bit. The kids were awake late last night so I'm not going to disturb them at all. They're both better when they've had plenty sleep.
  • Relax a bit? Sounds great. I think you should relax a LOT! The break will be over before you know it.
  • Evening :hello:
    Speky, (and others) you'll be pleased to read I've had pretty much the entire day of sitting on my backside doing nothing. It was lovely - I always enjoy catching up with bestie, and today was no different. She has a posh coffee maker, so we had a couple of posh coffees without spending any money, and we watched a couple of films as well including Deepwater Horizon, which is just my thing and I really enjoyed.
    Means I bagged a nsd and the only real stress I've had to deal with is the usual sibling stress that the kids have between them... Seriously, I hear it never gets any easier but today was hard work. They're both out of routine, hyper and tired so that means we get fractious and difficult behaviour, and ds stress leads to some real angry outbursts sometimes.
    So, reading a couple of diaries on here has made me think that it's time I set myself some SMART targets for the year ahead... I will need to sit down and properly think about them - my NY resolutions are always the same and I always fail. Lose weight and exercise more. :p
    However, there are some things I definitely could and should be doing...
    :cheesy: I paid off my debt in 2015, and have spent most of this year barely keeping the books balanced and I would like 2017 to be the year that I finally get some savings behind me. I want to set up savings for the kids as well so will look into that.
    :cheesy: I need to make myself more of a priority and do the best that I can to manage my stress levels because that affects my anxiety. Re-read some of my therapy stuff and practise mindfulness regularly.
    :cheesy: Remember that I sometimes have to do things I don't want to for the greater good (exercise and diet) and that it's never really as bad as I think it is :p
    :cheesy: Keep a spending diary and also start a bullet journal because this is so helpful to me in so many ways.
    I will probably add more and some detail to this as I think more about it...
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 December 2016 at 8:21PM
    Great goals Cat. And well done for getting out there to exercise too. Endorphins are great for getting you hyped for taking on more challenges, which it sounds like you are doing.

In fairness to you, a lot of the reason you struggled to balance the books is because of OHs tricky patches, which wasn't down to you at all. I know couples are a team so not much point looking for a scape goat but I wanted to remind you of that.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Morning all :coffee: :hello:
    Thanks for the reminder Bob - 2016 was a tough year in terms of finances etc as dh was off work ill until Easter and then he broke his ankle which meant another 8 weeks off. Plus he underpaid the house account in December due to some miscalculations on his part. I need to give myself some credit for the fact that I've gotten us through this without taking on extra debt. A lot of our initial debt was run up when he was off work for 8 months after ds was born. A combination of me being off, him being off and 2 kids to bring up. I've gotten through 2016 without getting into any debt and that includes Christmas - happy days. :j
    So, today is the last 'proper' day of the holidays for me. Back to work on Tuesday, and I'm already having lots of scary work dreams about it. We have a new Head in the new year so it's a bit of an unknown as to what's coming. I just know it was a tough term running into Christmas. I should get on and enjoy the 4 days I do have because I'll only end up spoiling it with my anxiety if I'm not careful.
    I have my bullet journal list, which I'm finding helpful so I must make the time to keep that going. Today's list includes tutoring, taking back a pair of trousers that don't fit properly, filling the car with petrol and the usual housework jobs. I've started making a crochet blanket for a friend who's expecting a baby in March - a nice relaxing project with plenty of time to be getting on with it. :D
    Right - I feel like I've been sitting on my bum for ages so I'm going to make a start now and I'll be back later. Have a good day all :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure