other than an Ipad is there any android tablet that can be restored through pc?

Options
2»

Comments

• almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks datostar - sorry to be a pain, but do you know what he tried? Especially just about the one hardware thing he can do, a new battery, to save me the expense of trying?
    I agree, it's a shame to have lost the Nexus line, and it hasn't really been replaced - the Pixel line has gone way upmarket.
  • datostar
    datostar Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    almillar wrote: »
    Thanks datostar - sorry to be a pain, but do you know what he tried? Especially just about the one hardware thing he can do, a new battery, to save me the expense of trying?
    I agree, it's a shame to have lost the Nexus line, and it hasn't really been replaced - the Pixel line has gone way upmarket.

No, the 'Technician' wasn't around when I went to pick it up so I don't know what he did. I can't tell if it had been opened up or not. I'm going to have one more go at another place. It's noticeable that a lot of the online places have a lot of quotes for Nexus 7 repairs and parts but very little for 9's. Seems a Nexus 9 battery is around £25-30 and fairly easy to replace, but I'm reluctant to get one in case it's some other problem.
  • almillar
    Options
    After trying lots of other things, I've had the back off and disconnected the battery for a few days for a proper reset, but still nothing. Back just pops off, you just have to be brave and careful!
    Also, the 'problem' with Nexus 9 and lots of other devices, is that they're useless to the next owner if they do get it working, as you can't just wipe it (like you can on a Nexus 7), the current (previous) owner needs to do this with their credentials.
    Let me know what this other guy says sure just in case there's a ray of hope.
  • datostar
    datostar Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Almillar,
    I've got the Nexus 9 back now, working and taking a charge. The problem seems to have been my charger supplying insufficient power. The original was lost and I was using an LG charger. As recommended by the repair shop I got this from Amazon (currently £10)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017VXARME/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

An Anker Fast Charger which is currently fast charging the Nexus.

This might solve your problem, too, and even if not you still have a high-quality charger for other kit.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I bricked a tablet, for some reason when i unplugged the charger it began to power on. Not wanting it to power on i just held the power of button until it went off.

Seems that was silly it didnt turn back on after... oops.

Took the battery out and shorted everything out to drain every drop of power from it and then put the battery back and it booted up.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• almillar
    Options
    Thanks for that datostar, don't think that's my problem as I do have the original charger, definitely good advice to be using the original charger when you have problems. I'll do one final check then see if it'll fetch anything on eBay as is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure