Roses' Savings Diary :)

2»

Comments

• TakeNoRoses
    TakeNoRoses Posts: 133 Forumite
    It's interest... I've got about 40% of my current money in various different P2P platforms. It's risky, but at the end of the day even if I lose every penny of that I'm not going to be left high and dry, it'll just take another 18-24 months of saving to get it back.
    Having said that I still won't be putting any more money in for the next few years.
    LIFE GOAL ACHIEVED (21yo): Proud owner of 24 magical acres! :T :j
    LIFE GOAL ACHIEVED (23yo): Got my horse lorry. :D
    NEW LIFE GOAL: 1. Own a house with land and my own sandschool. 2. Retire early (if I want to:rotfl:).
  • Well, again spending was much less than projected as tax won't be taken for a while. Got a few discounts and didn't need some stuff as well, so all in all was an okay month! £212.50 down the drain.

May Projected Incomings:
    First job: £780
    Second job: £665
    Third job: £40
    P2P (I am actually including my non P2P interest in this as well, oops): £125
    > £1,610

May Projected Outgoings:
    Rent: £100
    Hoof care stuff for pony: £32
    Trim for pony: £20
    Hay for pony: £40
    Chiro for pony: £60
    Pony camp (with the big horse): £150
    Other (unplanned): £48
    > £450

A lot of horse stuff for me, that's the joy of animals. Still, should be a saving of over £1,000 so I'm happy! :)

Also started writing at least 500 words of my novel daily. So far I've been going a few weeks and although I have missed a couple of days I have over 12,600 words already. I'm going to make a habit of doing it everyday. Who knows, one day I may publish and actually earn some pennies. :rotfl:
    NEW LIFE GOAL: 1. Own a house with land and my own sandschool. 2. Retire early (if I want to:rotfl:).
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    What a truly inspiring diary, a novelist as well as a fantastic saver. :jYou sound like such a cheerful person. It is pouring with rain outside but your diary made me smile. Well done on your wonderful savings, TakeNoRoses!:T
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • TakeNoRoses
    Thank you savingwannabe, hehe. I try to be cheerful! Glad it made you smile despite the rain. :)

I have had issues with bad writer's block for the past few years so I'm happy to be writing again. :D I now have 14,000 words and have yet to do today's lot (I will be doing them!). I am lucky in the fact that I have a friend doing it with me so we hound each other to complete our daily words. Teamwork. :beer:
  • Hey, totally got inspired by your saving plans. Must learn from you.
    Perfect dedication towards perfect saving!!!
    Hats Off to you and Congrats.
  • TakeNoRoses
    BIG changes in my life... I am now the proud owner of 24 acres :beer: :j :T :rotfl: :eek: :eek: :cool:
    ...And also a good few K of family debt. 'Tis a bit of a shock for the coffers! ;)

I'm aiming to be debt free again at the end of two years time (and then I will be saving for my first house). So... new goal! :D :T
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well done you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer::j:money::D:money:
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts