1p finds at Tesco thread

Comments

• J20BABY
    J20BABY Posts: 2,025
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well, i emailed Tesco this morning asking why I have been unable to purchase these 1p items every time and why the staff are so furtive about it, unfortunately they rung me whilst I was in Asda and the Asda announcment was playing, so she wasn't particularly accommodating.

The reason I got, basically that they put items down to 1p when they have been discontinued-when asked why they couldn't sell us them at that, she said they may have been recalled-I said if they've been recalled then surely that makes them dangerous and each one should be recalled, she said they are if they're dangerous (????) When asked what they did with the 1p items, she said it depends on the item but they're usually returned to the manufacturer.

I had a screaming toddler needing the toilet so couldn't continue the conversation really, but certainly not a satisfactory respone.

I also had problems in Asda with them overcharging me, and having to go to a different till to request my £2 giftcard, and then waiting 15 minutes for someone to acknowledge me to request my Asda Direct order and they where quite short with me. I give up with supermarkets, going to grow my own cows and veg and socks!
  • Not strictly in the right place as not 1p, but I got some duck easy on -easy off masking tape for 6p today. Marked as full price £1.96. It was hanging on clip strips by the crisps!!
  • Bags of Cafe Direct Kilimanjaro Ground coffee 227g scanning at 1p.

Also thanks to OP who posted about the knee highs, I managed to pick up a few of them today as well:D
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
  • Yay, I managed to get some umbrella's for my family and some of the socks today - bargain!

Could someone tell me which one the 'discounted chocolate' is. Is this the value brand and i could not seem to find it?
  • Forgetful
    Forgetful Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    dunno about u lot.. but I seem to be addicted to finding these 1p bargains... even make planned journeys to which tescos to go to for these 1p goods...
  • Picked up 2 pairs of socks for 1p each in my local store - one had nan on the side and the other pair had grandma on the side -very pretty and put away for next mothers day. Also picked up for 1p a thin black patent belt with a diamonte clasp - really nice and priced at £1 in the clearance area but went through self scan at 1p so I was chuffed!
  • 'Discount Brands' is the name of the actual brand! Confusing! The brand logo is yellow and red. Google 'Discount Brands' on google images it is currently showing a box of discount Corn Flakes that carries the logo. Hope that helps!
  • l33na
    l33na Posts: 238 Forumite
    Thank you pps I got some socks for 1p. Went to a normal till with loads of other shopping- Also got the disneys sweat tops and used the £5off voucher. SA actually said these are 1p as without these my total on clothing was below the £25 but I said I thought they were £2 each and so he just used the voucher aswell. Might try agian tomorrow on self scan as there were loads still left.
    sealed pot chellenger no992Total for 2011= £198
    mfw= 2011 overpayment =
    Mfw 2012 no#25=OP target £2000
    The road to success is always under construction.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 17 September 2010 at 7:10AM
    I managed to snag some of the ground coffee this morning it has a long date on it 07 2011.

If you want to see the packet look here http://www.cafedirect.co.uk/our_partners/africa/tanzania/raymond

I was lucky and managed to find a scanner. Also the person on the self service tills was helping someone else. I was good girl and only got two packets and I can tell you my my heart was thumping so loud I thought everyone else could hear it in the shop :rotfl:

HTH.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • caz2703
    caz2703 Posts: 3,630 Forumite
    l33na wrote: »
    Thank you pps I got some socks for 1p. Went to a normal till with loads of other shopping- Also got the disneys sweat tops and used the £5off voucher. SA actually said these are 1p as without these my total on clothing was below the £25 but I said I thought they were £2 each and so he just used the voucher aswell. Might try agian tomorrow on self scan as there were loads still left.

Had a look back through the thread but can't see anything about the Disney sweat tops. Can you give any more info as I'm hoping to do a 1p challenge today in my local :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure