IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

If you get a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye heres a nasty trick to watch out for.

I had one issued early Feb telling me to pay the "reduced" rate of £50 within 14 days otherwise it would be the full rate of £80
Stupidly I phoned them, mainly to establish where the car park was. I asked if I would get to see the photographic evidence before the 14 days was up and I was assured that I would.
Well 14 days passed and lo and behold. no photographic evidence
Then, came a letter with the photos dated 11 days after the first reminding me that I had 4 days left to pay the £50 rate
Only this letter arrived in my letterbox 2 days beyond that deadline meaning I was too late anyway

Thier first letter took 4 days to get to me after it was dated
The second letter took a week

I very rarely get 1st class mail coming later than one day and second class 2 days to get to me so delaying tactics must be their game.
I think that they must sit on the letters a few days between dating and sending them in order to create a sense of urgency
IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you get a parking note from anyone other than the police or the council.

Do not pay, Do not pay, Do not pay, These 'fines' are not fines, they are invoices and as such are unenforceable.

Ignore them at all costs and never acknowledge them.

The baords are littered with this advice.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Thanks so much for all this advice i would have fallen into the trap that i,m sure many others have and just payed! When i called to ask if this was enforcable they told me that it was and they would come to my address and clamp my car then take legal action!! this is shocking and these people shouldnt get away with this crap. cheers.
  • Vomityspice
    Vomityspice Posts: 637
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Trisontana? are you having a bad day? The first post title tells you it is Parking Eye.....
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 20 January 2014 at 12:45PM
    Trisontana? are you having a bad day? The first post title tells you it is Parking Eye.....

This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Stuvo
    Stuvo Posts: 1 Newbie
    I've now had 3 letters from Parking Eye to tell me I had to pay £50, and it would go up to £80 then £110, but I have got a letter from CCS Collects for £140, doesn't make sense.

I take it I just ignore them like usual, how long will go on for?
  • Stuvo wrote: »
    I've now had 3 letters from Parking Eye to tell me I had to pay £50, and it would go up to £80 then £110, but I have got a letter from CCS Collects for £140, doesn't make sense.

I take it I just ignore them like usual, how long will go on for?

The CCS letter is usually the last one, as long as you don't contact them.
  • glamgirl
    glamgirl Posts: 6 Forumite
    I have also had two letters from Parking Eye and one from CCSCOLLECT Debt Collectors telling me that they intend to recover the full amount owing of now £110.00. I have read the posts concerning this and am holding fast on my intention not to pay but am just slightly concerned as to whether or not they could put the charge against me on my credit rating as an unpaid debt. Maybe someone could clarify this point for me.
  • msgnomey
    msgnomey Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    I have been ignoring them ...... no problems so far
    Go hopefully into each new day, enjoy something from every day no matter how small, you never know when it will be your last
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,264
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 16 May 2010 at 10:06PM
    glamgirl wrote: »
    I have read the posts concerning this and am holding fast on my intention not to pay but am just slightly concerned as to whether or not they could put the charge against me on my credit rating as an unpaid debt. Maybe someone could clarify this point for me.

The only way it could affect your credit rating is if they ever took you to court and you lost the case and then you did not pay any charges awarded by the court, it is not going to happen so stop worrying.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 20 January 2014 at 12:45PM
    cajef wrote: »
    The only way it could affect your credit rating is if they ever took you to court and you lost the case and then you did not pay any fines awarded by the court, it is not going to happen so stop worrying.
    This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure