Credit card and rating?

Comments

• MHOWARD_2
    MHOWARD_2 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi, can I pick your brains again please.

I tried to sign up for the Barclaycard for bad credit or whatever it's called. I did this to get a better history sooner, I'm not actually in need of it but can just spend what I normally spend and pay it off.
    I was declined and the reasons they gave were as follows-

I am always on or over my overdraft limit every month
    I have many missed payments (or words to that effect)

I have no overdrafts on any of my bank accounts, I don't need one and don't want one. Also I only have two credit accounts and they are both paid up, in fact I paid one early on your advice.
    I also have edf and Thames water but they are both upto date.

My credit report is fine with Equifax. Noddle say I do not have enough of a history to generate a report and experian is just a nightmare. They now want me to send in all sorts of identification, which I suppose I will have to now.

I just don't understand what Barclaycard are on about, any ideas what could be going on?
    Thanks
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    MHOWARD wrote: »
    Hi, can I pick your brains again please.

I tried to sign up for the Barclaycard for bad credit or whatever it's called. I did this to get a better history sooner, I'm not actually in need of it but can just spend what I normally spend and pay it off.
    I was declined and the reasons they gave were as follows-

I am always on or over my overdraft limit every month
    I have many missed payments (or words to that effect)

I have no overdrafts on any of my bank accounts, I don't need one and don't want one. Also I only have two credit accounts and they are both paid up, in fact I paid one early on your advice.
    I also have edf and Thames water but they are both upto date.

My credit report is fine with Equifax. Noddle say I do not have enough of a history to generate a report and experian is just a nightmare. They now want me to send in all sorts of identification, which I suppose I will have to now.

I just don't understand what Barclaycard are on about, any ideas what could be going on?
    Thanks

What about Experian ?

So the negatives arent mentioned on your Equifax report ?
  • MHOWARD_2
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    What about Experian ?

So the negatives arent mentioned on your Equifax report ?

Nope, as I say I cannot get into experian yet due to them deciding they cannot verify. Even though everybody else seems to be able to (Santander, Equifax, Vodafone etc).
    There is absolutely nothing bad about me on Equifax.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Send in the ID and get the reports from all 3 CRAs.

Something is not right somewhere and it really could be anything.
    This can range from being financially linked to someone, formatting of an address not matching, accounts that have been forgotten about - sometimes joint accounts, mixed up ID with someone with the same name.

Once you have your CRs, check every detail on them and see if you can find any errors.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Dobbibill wrote: »
    Send in the ID and get the reports from all 3 CRAs.

Something is not right somewhere and it really could be anything.
    This can range from being financially linked to someone, formatting of an address not matching, accounts that have been forgotten about - sometimes joint accounts, mixed up ID with someone with the same name.

Once you have your CRs, check every detail on them and see if you can find any errors.

I'm going to give experian a ring today and see what it is they actually want from me. One thing I do know though is it cannot be an overdraft, I have never even had an overdraft ever. But Barclaycard specifically mentioned an overdraft.
  • MHOWARD_2
    edited 17 February 2017 at 10:22PM
    Hello again.

I have now got an experian account and there is nothing on there that is untoward or that I don't know about except an address. I have contacted experian about this and they have put a note on saying they have contacted who put the data on there or words to that effect. Still have no idea what Barclaycard were on about with always on or over on my overdraft and several missed payments, pretty confusing really.
    My credit report is pretty horrific reading as I have made over ten credit applications, four of them were from the idiots at carphonewarehouse though. Still surely in my favour is no missed payments etc
    Any idea how Barclaycard got it so wrong? Also was I right to dispute the address?
    Thanks
  • Dobbibill
    Hi MHOWARD,

Glad to hear Experian are going to look into the address issue, they should be able to get that cleared up shortly. Yes, you were right to dispute the address.

Is the rest of the information on the report correct?
    ER details, any other current accounts, dates of moving addresses, the formatting of any addresses, all payment records.

Have you checked your Call Credit report via Noddle - this is free and is another CRA.

Don't worry about the applications, they have little impact after 6 months and no impact after 12 months.

What exactly is the wording BC gave you? Did you have it in writing or are you recalling it from a conversation? Any incorrect records on your CR won't have helped though.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Thanks once again for the reply mate.

Everything is fine as regards to accounts/payments etc
    When I applied to Barclaycard I was declined and on that screen it showed me why, pity I never took a screenshot but that is definitely what it said. I have got a Noddle account even though I cannot access it as they say they do not hold enough information on me to create a credit report. But Equifax and experian seem fine. Any idea how I can get hold of Noddle or whatever they are?

Thanks for the continued help!
  • Dobbibill
    Have you applied for access to Noddle since getting your Experian report?

Depending on how many accounts you have reporting will depend on how much data they have to work with - not all creditors will report to all 3, it may just be that your particular accounts don't report to Call Credit.

• I have a Noddle account, it's just when I sign in I get told they do not have enough information to generate a report.
    I also have cancelled experian as not paying £14.99 a month, I signed up for meeting credit club and it asked me a verification question- out in the full number of my current account starting with 0 and ending with 0. None of my accounts match that, so verification failed lol
    Im so fed up with credit I can only laugh. As delboy once said, my credit is so bad I can't even pay with cash :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure