Say No to the Dakota access Pipeline

Options
I don't know if people are aware of the fact that a pipeline is being built through ancient burial grounds . It is also too close to a source of water that supplies the reservations and many people downstream, I have been following this as have people all over the world. The Army Corps have asked the building to stop but the company is refusing. Many police are now saying they will no longer work at the pipeline due to violence against the Indians at the reservation.

Can I ask you to please sign and share the campaign I started to get our government to protest about the situation. Already some of the banks have withdrawn their funding due to the situation. Thanks.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ssay-no-to-the-dakota-access-pipeline
Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs

Comments

• kev_min
    kev_min Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    I think that our government has enough domestic issues to worry about right now without wasting their time (and our money) on internal american issues.

This matter should be dealt with by the americans, and I am sure that it will be given time, right now they also have a few more significant domestic matteres to overcome.
    At times any combination of my spelling, grammar or punctuation may be incorrect. Please do not pick me up for this as, after all, it is only an internet forum.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When did Dakota become part of the UK?
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just because it's not in the UK does not mean we should be any less concerned. Americans plus people all over the world are coming together to make a point that the way this is being done is wrong. It is being investigated by outside agencies and I feel we should add our support. I don't agree with the "Not in my back yard thoughts. "
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Joyful wrote: »
    Just because it's not in the UK does not mean we should be any less concerned.

Agreed - However, this will get better consideration if its is posted with a little genuine thought and not in a way/forum that renders it a schoolboy howler before you even read it!
  • montyrebel
    Options
    got to put it somewhere, may as well be in a burial site, at least it wont annoy the living
    mortui non mordent
  • Vectis
    Vectis Posts: 692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    But how will it affect you?
  • iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    Options
    It will probably reduce fuel costs.Especially if they open that other pipeline from Canada that Obarmy stopped.
  • Brand_X
    Brand_X Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Baloney. If you learn about what's really going on, you'll wonder why there were any delays or objections to the pipeline at all. Don't be suckered by environmental propagandists who don't actually give two hoots about the environment. "Sacred ground" my aching mule.
  • DarkShadow
    DarkShadow Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Dakota is more european than american. Hence our vote matters!
    Bank accounts
    Santander : 17 year relationship, 0 problems to date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure