Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hahahaha! Now I want mine as pirate English!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The PIP letter came. Just (and only just) got standard living rate. Some things dont add up, like i;ve scroed zero on interaction and they said during the medical and mental state exam i seemed fine and showed no signs of distress (in fact i barely made eye contact, i was crying and was shaky too :mad: but i'm not fighting it as i dont want to risk losing what i do have). Have it for 2 years.

Its a small relief. It gives me a bit of breathing space for 2 years. I hope by then my mh will be better and i wont need any extra help but for now im extremely grateful for the help.
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    That's good news MU. :j :j

I have discovered that there's a pokegym near my desk at work. I am anticipating all the 12 year olds, ahem pokemon players gathering for a chat.

Penguin about body image/weight
    I'm so down about my body. I'm regaining some of the weight I lost last year and I'm so fed up. I was shopping yesterday and I couldn't find anything nice in my size and folllowing the 3xl costume thingy, I just feel fat and doughy and unattractive. And utterly furious with myself for being unable to accept that I am a fat girl because ultimately it doesn't matter. It's just making me miserable.
    End penguin
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Code if its any consolation i'm having some body issues of my own. Swain thinks i;ve lost weight and mayeb i have (don;t currently own scales as i was getting obsessed over them) but i still feel huge.

penguin (weight/sex)
    the other night we were...ahem getting jiggy with it and i ended up feeling really dizzy and lightheaded and had to stop. :o I now feel very concious of the fcat im overweght and need to lose weght. i dont ant to be so unfit i can;t "perform" in the bedrooom. for one i happen to wuite like sexytime and secondly i felt terrible for stopping cos im bascially too fat right now :( (swain told me not to worry and that it didn;t matter but it bothers me a lot). [/penguin]

I'm going to try and start back on the 5:2 diet and now i'm back mostly at mie try and make time to go swimming at least once a week. I;ve decided i'm going to buy a pair of size 16 black denim shorts and hang them up in my room. When i get the urge to drink or snack i shall look at them and tell myself no. I want to fit into them by my birthday (2 months 1 day time).I'm hoping it might spur me on to have a visual goal.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Another day, another scary work thing. Am seriously considering giving it all up to become a full-time pokemon gatherer. Am working away for a few days which has involved lots of scary things already (driving a hire car to the other end of the country, finding the right hotel, finding the actual workplace this morning). Now all the other scary things to do like the two days of leading audits on subjects I know nothing about..... bricking it doesn't come close.

Doesn't help that I had 'can't find the right person, cant find the right room, no one will talk to me' dreams all night.

Have convinced myself that the people I've come to see wont even be here.
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    Well done for even attempting it though Tea! Each time you get through a situation like that you'll get more confident about it.

And I heard people pay £40 an hour for Pokemon gathering!!
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, the pokemon thing is looking more tempting by the minute!

I was feeling really proud of myself for contacting the people and arranging dates, sorting out accommodation and hire car etc..... it only occurred to me this morning that I have to do the actual scary work! I've been in this job for over 14 months now and if anything feel more out of my depth now than when I started.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Clearly your company disagree or they wouldn't be sending you. And think how good this is going to look on your CV in the future.
    Once you get started you'll be fine - it's the hanging around waiting for people that's the hard part.
    I spend most of my day feeling like I'm winging it. The trick is to convince other people, even when you're shaking inside.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    I agree. On your CV 'blagging it' is a totally transferrable skill!
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £40/hour for pokemon gathering? I need to take a week off work and do that! :rotfl:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback