Splott, Cardiff

Comments

• rjh090384
    rjh090384 Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    just seen the travellers go up the street in their pyjama bottoms and bras on their horse carts lol
    love you lots like jelly tots :o
  • athenajm
    athenajm Posts: 213 Forumite
    I saw them a couple of days ago! Now that's one part of Splott I'd avoid! Was the teeny tiny little horse there too?
    £2012 in 2012 - £1381
  • rjh090384
    no was normal horse i think - it was on the main splott road lol totally random must be the sun brought them out cos ive been here a year and never seen them
  • Hey I'm about to move to splott from cathays. I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me if there are any good pubs/ restaurants in the area ??
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    North Llandaff and Danescourt are worth a look.
  • mildred1978
    mildred1978 Posts: 3,367 Forumite
    North Llandaff and Danescourt are worth a look.
    Do you mean Llandaff North?!
    Science adjusts its views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation, so that belief can be preserved.
    :A Tim Minchin :A
  • Hugmuppet
    Hugmuppet Posts: 6 Forumite
    As everyone else has said, some streets in Splott are great but others are a bit grim. I lived in a fab flat on Newport Road for a few years which was pretty cheap but quieter than you'd think it would be - admittedly it was on the Roath side but faced Broadway so close enough!!!

Moved to Danescourt after that and it was the worst place I've ever lived - looked great on paper, but got stuck renting a semi detached house with the neighbours from hell. Think they would have been more at home in Tremorfa, but ended up there by mistake lol.

The only thing I'd advise is maybe visiting the potential street you want to move to at a few different times - some of the ones that look fine during the day are a whole different world after dark and vice versa. Good luck wherever you move to though!!!
  • rjh090384
    well i dont know about pubs but canteen on clifton street is meant to be awesome - splott doesnt relaly have a cafe culture like cathays or roath im afraid
  • Splott is somewhere I would avoid. I live right next to it and walk through it regularly...not a fan myself!
  • Also...go nowhere near Ely!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport