Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,778Posts
    • 34,062Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 4102
    • Anon
    • By Anon 29th May 17, 3:01 PM
    • 11,601 Posts
    • 127,922 Thanks
    Anon
    Looking st NowTV Snatch faqs and it says you can only use one voucher of each type per NowTV account every 6 months - so why let you win more than one then? Not much of a prize if you cannot use it .

Anon
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 29th May 17, 3:04 PM
    • 17,921 Posts
    • 191,241 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    All this BA stuff is rather annoying. We were delighted to be booked on BA when we booked the holiday, have to wonder now though. Can only hope that they learn a lesson from this. And yes, I know it is more than annoying for everyone that has been affected

The worst thing is that the director said it was due to a power surge. You can protect against a power surge, it is so easy, just means spending out a bit more on some hardware.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • tbw
    • By tbw 29th May 17, 3:08 PM
    • 4,684 Posts
    • 53,270 Thanks
    tbw
    I have avoided BA wherever possible in recent years. They used to warrant their 'Britains favourite airline' slogan but have gone rapidly downhill . Their service is poor, food is diabolical and now you have to pay for snacks and drinks on shorthauls and they are thinking about extending that to longhaul. They are no longer anywhere near the best airline and are bleeding goodwill.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 29th May 17, 3:27 PM
    • 15,632 Posts
    • 186,027 Thanks
    mhoc
    a date for the diaries - Marks are going to have one of their, usually disappointing Sparks events - assume the date is the same for everyone? Anyway stand by your letter boxes in readiness for your invites - often there are discount codes for the same weekend or a voucher for a free £5 off something or other and 20% friends and family discount vouchers as well so read your junk mail before you hurl it into the recycling.

Friday 16th June 2017
    3pm – 6.30pm

I've just been to collect my top from marks (and yes I was there yesterday and it completely went out of my head) - we have £5 off shirts and tops this week as the offer on sparks. Its the blue spotty sleeveless on which I paid for with the £5 off and an e gift card via Quidco (with an extra 6% when you withdraw using a marks e voucher)
    Its actually rather nice and I might even keep it
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 29th May 17, 3:38 PM
    • 46,929 Posts
    • 553,299 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well they are on board separate seats but only 2 hr flight. Totally agree with you 3 dogs. BA is not the airline it once was. DD said she felt sorry for the front line staff too - the abuse that they were getting. Remember what it was like in my day but at least we could organise food,drinks and hotels and we had enough staff to help.

Well managing to get my weeding done - like you doing it in 15 mins chunks.

Originally posted by ROCKINGHAM
    Glad they have got on flights but already missed days
    OK, what are kets?

JTS, hope you get it sorted. Maybe you should guilt trip them and tell them just howanted special this holiday is
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Glad someone else asked as i dont know what ket's are either
    JTS , hope you get it sorted

Afternoon all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 13 1/2 lb week 9
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 29th May 17, 3:51 PM
    • 3,436 Posts
    • 45,246 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Happy birthday hornet girl. Hope you have a lovely day with happy memories.
    • juju17
    • By juju17 29th May 17, 4:01 PM
    • 867 Posts
    • 10,981 Thanks
    juju17
    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/competitions-promotions/ket-bairn-netty-asda-byker-12057501
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 29th May 17, 4:11 PM
    • 9,355 Posts
    • 106,079 Thanks
    emerald21
    Happy Birthday hornet girl.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 29th May 17, 4:14 PM
    • 24,623 Posts
    • 293,100 Thanks
    davemorton
    Ket = sweets.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 29th May 17, 4:23 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 2,584 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    What a palava

They have refunded my £140 for selecting our own flight seats.
    Someone is going to phone me tomorrow or Wednesday
    Have been assured there ARE more than 3 seats available - even though their system shows otherwise (face palm)
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,314Posts Today

8,531Users online

Martin's Twitter