Beko Claims Department = STRESSFUL!!

Options
A bit of a long story, we bought a kitchen from B&Q a year ago. As we have been renovating our whole house this only got fitted in November 2016 and we moved back into our house at the beginning of December 2016. So we had been using our kitchen for 3 months when we noticed that the real wooden worktop above the beko dishwasher was bowing.

We contacted B&Q and they contact Beko on our behalf.

Before a Beko engineer came out to see us I looked at some reviews online for beko dishwashers, there were many reviews that have said the dishwasher has a fan in this that lets our moisture. The Beko engineer came out and I asked him that exact question and he replied saying yes it will let out slight moisture and that it will effect the wooden worktop. Just before this visit we noticed a crack appearing in our worktop!

To get to the end quickly, beko accepted fault for the dishwasher and damage and asked us to get a quote done on parts and labour. As we bought the kitchen from B&Q we went to them to get he quote done on parts, we also got a quote done from a carpenter and builder on the labour. The carpenter fitted the worktops originally and because we have a join in the top where the new piece would go, he advised us that the join would not be able to be made the same so therefore that piece would also have to be replaced.

The quote for parts and labour (including a new dishwasher) came to £1700.00, beko turned around and offered us £400.00. so more communication by email was done and they have come back to offer us £500.00 as their final offer. I have turned this amount down and asked them where we go from here!

It has been so stressful trying to deal with them, since all this has started the dishwasher has completely stopped working! so at the moment we have not got a dishwasher!

I am really upset that they expect us to be out of packet by £1200.00 when this is a fault of their appliance, after spending £7000 on a kitchen we do not expect to have to spend anymore money out with less than 6 months of using it! Any advice on where to go now would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Vicky_2012 wrote: »
    Any advice on where to go now would be great.
    The small claims court. Although it's B&Q you need to sue not Beko. The contract was originally with B&Q so your claim is against them.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A bit of a long story, we bought a kitchen from B&Q a year ago. As we have been renovating our whole house this only got fitted in November 2016 and we moved back into our house at the beginning of December 2016. So we had been using our kitchen for 3 months when we noticed that the real wooden worktop above the beko dishwasher was bowing.

We contacted B&Q and they contact Beko on our behalf.

Before a Beko engineer came out to see us I looked at some reviews online for beko dishwashers, there were many reviews that have said the dishwasher has a fan in this that lets our moisture. The Beko engineer came out and I asked him that exact question and he replied saying yes it will let out slight moisture and that it will effect the wooden worktop. Just before this visit we noticed a crack appearing in our worktop!

To get to the end quickly, beko accepted fault for the dishwasher and damage and asked us to get a quote done on parts and labour. As we bought the kitchen from B&Q we went to them to get he quote done on parts, we also got a quote done from a carpenter and builder on the labour. The carpenter fitted the worktops originally and because we have a join in the top where the new piece would go, he advised us that the join would not be able to be made the same so therefore that piece would also have to be replaced.

The quote for parts and labour (including a new dishwasher) came to £1700.00, beko turned around and offered us £400.00. so more communication by email was done and they have come back to offer us £500.00 as their final offer. I have turned this amount down and asked them where we go from here!

It has been so stressful trying to deal with them, since all this has started the dishwasher has completely stopped working! so at the moment we have not got a dishwasher!

I am really upset that they expect us to be out of packet by £1200.00 when this is a fault of their appliance, after spending £7000 on a kitchen we do not expect to have to spend anymore money out with less than 6 months of using it! Any advice on where to go now would be great.

Thanks
    Did you buy the dishwasher direct from Beko, or from B&Q, or from somewhere else?

Quite simply, you need to be negotiating with whoever sold the faulty appliance to you.
  • Vicky_2012
    Options
    I bought the dishwasher from b&q, they have told me because it is now with beko claims department there is nothing that they can do on the price they are offering!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought the dishwasher from b&q, they have told me because it is now with beko claims department there is nothing that they can do on the price they are offering!
    Not quite your scenario, but this short extract from MSE's Consumer Rights guide may help:
    Know who's responsible

When returning items, beware shops trying the oldest trick in the book: saying they're not responsible for the shoddy goods and you must call the manufacturer. This is total nonsense!

If a company fobs you off by saying “go to the maker instead”, it's wrong. It's the retailer's job to sort it.

It doesn't matter if it's an iPod from a high street shop or a designer frock from a department store. If something's broken, torn, ripped or faulty, the seller has a legal duty to put it right as your contract is with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure