Tax Credits Helpline, unable to get through!

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Start your call at 07.45 am precisely on a weekday. They answer before 8 am (one of their advisers told me so) and I have had several calls with them without waiting longer than getting thru the menu and have been done-and-dusted by 8am.

You mustn't start the call before 7.45 or you'll fall afoul of their opening hours message once you get into the menu and be cut off. HTH.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    missminx wrote: »
    I spent all day trying to get through, having tried and failed over the last few days. No luck at all. :mad: It's ridiculous, they need a far better system, especially as they seem to 'lose' things sent by snail mail.
    It's very poor that you have to wade through 4.5mins of recorded message before getting cut off, that is a con. The hours should be longer and more people answering the calls as it's ALWAYS a nightmare contacting them. In May it was taking almost 30 minutes to get through to a human.
    I cannot believe in this day and age that they cannot get an online facility set up for things like this.

They suspended the online portal because of numerous fraudulent claims, not that I am saying this avenue is better !
  • Fatsdom
    Fatsdom Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    To get through right away either call 01355359007 from a MOBILE (must be a mobile), and say you are currently on holiday in Ireland/France etc for a few days. They will take your call. Alternatively, as above, call at 7:45 am.
  • I got my renewal pack today and got through twice to advisors who told me they couldn't input on the system and that they would 'put me through to someone else who could help me.'

Both times, I was on hold and no one answered - now they are shut for the day - does anyone know what's going on?!? :mad:

Thankyou :)
  • Horseunderwater
    Horseunderwater Posts: 3,406 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It's just a busy time of the year. Saturdays is a short working day where as weekdays they are open longer. I rang mine in at 9.30am on Thursday and was done and dusted within 15 minutes, but there were some slow points in the inputting as it was going slow then.
  • Okay I will keep trying :)

Also thinking about sending the form back in the envelope provided recorded delivery just to make sure, although they have given me an envelope with this address:

Comben House
    Farriers Way
    Liverpool
    L75 1AX

This address differs to the address recommended on the gov.uk website which has a different postcode of L75 1WB.

Eeekkk which one is right, does anyone know? :)
  • Horseunderwater
    Combo Breaker First Post
    hettyhetty wrote: »
    Okay I will keep trying :)

Also thinking about sending the form back in the envelope provided recorded delivery just to make sure, although they have given me an envelope with this address:

Comben House
    Farriers Way
    Liverpool
    L75 1AX

This address differs to the address recommended on the gov.uk website which has a different postcode of L75 1WB.

Eeekkk which one is right, does anyone know? :)
    The one on the return paid envelope is right if you want to do it that way. Just ring them Monday in the morning if you can.
  • Hi I've just got straight through to tax credits, 2.30pm by pressing option 4 which is to report a change in education.Phone was answered immediately and when i told him I had received my renewal pack and I wanted to renew my claim he did it immediately without any changes being involved! Hope this helps some of you who are struggling to get through using option 2 which is just to renew a claim.
  • Talk
    Talk Posts: 28 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2013 at 3:09PM
    we've been trying to get through to order a new claim pack and between 2 phone calls we've been on hold over an hour and never spoken to a human, is there any other way to get a pack?
    :eek:
  • Horseunderwater
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Talk wrote: »
    we've been trying to get through to order a new claim pack and between 2 phone calls we've been on hold over an hour and never spoken to a human, is there any other way to get a pack?
    Pick one up from your local job centre plus and your local authority/council may also hold them. Possibly citizen advice bureau as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure