Help Link Jonny Ball new boiler

Any one used Help Link for a new boiler, the one Jonny Ball advertises for £17 per month? Im new to here so hope Ive done this right, could do with feedback before I make a big decision! thanks

Comments

• ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    10 yrs at 17 quid per month?
    you must be joking.
    Get some gorm.
  • Ive been quoted over 2k by british gas and other local companies, so didnt think this was too bad a deal? Saves me £20 p/m on b gas cover and get a more economic boiler. Just wondered if anyone had used them. Dont fancy being conned.
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Never heard of them before, the cash price is around £1789, or Deposit of £ 474 + 120 payments of £17 making £2514 ish.

http://www.help-link.co.uk/about/latest-offers.php?a=uk
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Hmmm, from their site......

"Through Help-Link you'll also receive a free 10 year manufacturer's warranty on all natural gas boilers."

and further down the same page....

"A Worcester Bosch boiler from Help-Link comes with a 5-year warranty..."

So which one is it?
  • thanks -I didnt notice that. Starting to wonder where the catch is...
  • the guy who advertises it lacks confidence, and looks drunk to me,

helplink " great name " you are helping me,

that is really nice of you,

just another con they will use " sub contractors "

OF DUBIOUS QUALITY

karl 25 years site experience
    ex teacher
    shed full of posh qualifications
    get someone good, and local,and fair priced,
    who knows you might get lucky...........:T
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You'll still be paying for it when the boiler is long gone...
    BG will typically quote you 40% more than a local independent RGI, so if they are quoting £2K, you should be able to get it for around £1.6K.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • saying parts are no longer available for your old boiler,
    is not true,
    and showing pictures of a boiler spewing out black smoke,
    is simply, scaremongering,
    carbon monoxide deaths will increase not decrease,in future due to,
    c.o.r.g.i. and now gas safe which is owned by the health and safety executive, ie politicians,
    the courses and registration is expensive,which results in expensive prices for the consumer and
    more cowboys,little hitlers jump on the bandwagon,100 years have gone by and we are still teaching apprentice plumbers how to boss lead corners, hello this is the year 2011, instead of making traing " practical and real "
    the powers that be see this as an opportunity for revenue,
  • I was really interested in this and rang up last night. Basically the deal is:
    £17 a month to pay for 10 years
    A bank loan via Barclays
    9.9% APR, which to be fair isn't bad

But honestly, ten years of a new loan would be so depressing, if we do need a new boiler soon (which we do to be honest) I think we will save up first if we can to get one. British Gas has quoted us £3,400 as we have some 'pipework' issues but I'm sure we could get this down by using someone local.

Its the new loan over ten years issue that bothers me here the most I think.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I was really interested in this and rang up last night. Basically the deal is:
    £17 a month to pay for 10 years
    A bank loan via Barclays
    9.9% APR, which to be fair isn't bad

But honestly, ten years of a new loan would be so depressing, if we do need a new boiler soon (which we do to be honest) I think we will save up first if we can to get one. British Gas has quoted us £3,400 as we have some 'pipework' issues but I'm sure we could get this down by using someone local.

Its the new loan over ten years issue that bothers me here the most I think.

Exactly. 10% APR every year for a decade. Have you worked out how much of the total loan is is therefore interest?. Why not check the cost of a bank loan or personal loan?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport