Ombudsman refusal of PPI

I followed all of Matins advise regarding claiming mis-sold PPI and was successful with my bank HSBC and my mortgage account Santandar ( Abbey National) however I was unsuccessful with credit card supplier RBS and therefore appealed it to the Ombudsman stage. I was most disappointment to receive a refusal from Ombudsman stating they accepted RBS statement that whilst I had PPi it had not been mis-sold. I could not understand this decision but accepted it as I believed this was the end of the matter and could appeal no further. I have read the article on Plevin decision and its my belief that because I cancelled my PPi in 2007 (this was when a member of staff at RBS advised me I should not be paying it as I worked for my L/A and it was doubtful I would ever have made a claim) then the Plevin rule would not assist me. My question I guess is have I now exhausted all my options with RBS

Comments

• The bank and the ombudsman rejected your complaint and Plevin doesn't apply.
    Sounds like game over.
  • Societys Child
    Thank you for that response, I guess I thought that was the case, just confused how whilst the circumstances were the same in all 3 companies( ie HSBC, Santander and RBS )as far as being mis-sold PPI why one company RSB have been found to have not mis-sold the PPI. Ah well lessons learned I guess. Thank you for your response. bramwellanne
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure