The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

£95 for 10 days

I am setting myself another small challenge to help me stay on track until the next pay day.

I have 10 days to go and I have £95 in my purse. I want this to get me through, I don't want to dip into my savings or put anything on my credit card.

I have plenty of food in the fridge and the cupboards to feed hubby and me. All I should need to buy before pay day is milk, bread, fresh fruit and vegetables.

I have one social event in the diary and that's drinks with friends on Friday night. But these days that is 3 or 4 drinks in an old man pub, not club hopping until the early hours!

I should be able to make it through to 22 Sept on the contents of my purse if:

I take a packed lunch to work every day

I decline any invitations for a swift half after work or at lunchtime

I don't buy any ciggies when I'm out on Friday

I fight the urge for a mars bar here and a can of Coke there and all those little things that Add up!!

Comments

• Tuesday 12th - managed a NSD :)
    1 day down, 9 to go
    £95 left.
  • Wednesday 13th - another NSD :j
    2 days down, 8 to go
    £95 left.
  • Thursday 14th - oh well, couldn't manage a third NSD! Had to pay a library fine of £1.20 which was annoying as I am normally better organised than that, and then I nipped into the supermarket for a loaf of bread and ended up spending £8.75. Which was really silly. I vowed not to do that this week. Grrr
    Oh well
    3 days down, 7 to go
    £85.05 left
  • Friday 15th - I knew this was going to be the spendiest of all of the ten days. £3 into my weekly savings challenge, £20 onto my groceries card as I need to go and get stuff for packed lunches for next week and some fresh stuff, and £11.50 out with friends in the evening.
    Total of £34.50 spent for the day.
    4 days down, 6 to go
    Nearly half way there!
    £50.55 left
  • Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th - it was really annoying at the supermarket on Saturday; I had topped up my card on the Friday with £20 on the Friday, but when I got to the checkout it hadn't updated so I had to hand over £26.90 cash that I hadn't been anticipating :( Then on Sunday afternoon some friends came round unexpectedly which was lovely, but we ended up getting a take away all together which was £10 each. Can't put a price on spending time with friends and family though can you.
    Total of £36.90 spent at the weekend
    6 days down, 4 to go
    £13.65 left
  • But on the plus side I just found 65p at the bottom of my handbag.
    So £14.30 left!
  • good luck - totally doable if you ask me! Sounds like you've got food enough to last 4 days and if not you'll have that £20 on the card :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Monday 18th - not only was it a NSD, but I found another £2 in my coat pocket. :beer:
    7 days down, 3 to go
    £16.30 left
  • Tuesday 19th - NSD
    8 days down, 2 to go. Am starting to think I can do this!!
    £16.30 left
  • Wednesday 20th - NSD!!
    9 days down, 1 to go
    £16.30 left
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business