DaringToDream of a Debt Free Life!

Options

Comments

• DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Another day another step closer to the weekend.

Bonus for job 2 was confirmed In my pay slip today. Not getting paid for another 2 weeks but as long as I don't spend anything more on the card I should be able to clear cc2 this month. Cc1 hasn't been quite so lucky, had to buy a blind for our bedroom window, and had to pay a deposit for a yoga course so it has crept up, but hopefully will be able to get it down a bit on payday and the once cc2 has gone all my efforts can go towards that.

OH is nearly home, work are still messing up his pay so I think we'll have to be quite sensible while he is back, which is a good thing for the debt busting. Think we're going to try and find a 1 night break though- as much as I want to get the debt down, having a bit of quality time with the people I love is more important to me at the moment, will just have to do it in an MSE way!!
    Loan £13,339.81 (4.9%) Current End Date Dec 2020
    CC1 £3496.00 (0% for another 20 months)
    CC2 £2500 (0% for another 20 months)
    Total: £19335.81:eek:
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    OH is home today :D really can't wait to see him, and looking forward to spending some time together in our new home.

Need to find that balance of enjoying our time off together without worrying too much about money, but also without going too crazy. Payday 1 is in 12 days, payday 2 in 13 days so still a while to go, and only £130 in the fun budget, bit hopefully he's been away so long he'll just want lots of nights in!

Not sure I'll be posting quite as much, bit will try to, if only to keep me slightly more on track!

DTD
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Have a lovely time :D enjoy every minute x
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Enjoy time with your DH DTD. Sod the budget, you can re-coop it when he goes back!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Thanks for all the lovely wishes all! He's got home, so nice to have him here, but he is exhausted from travelling so we've had a chilled afternoon and now he's gone for a power nap. Maybe i will have time to update then :rotfl:!

Think it's going to be a busy time while he's home, loads of people want to see him and catch up. We have step son for half the time he's home which is amazing, and also the in laws coming up to see the new house, so lots of mouths to feed. Just as well the freezer is full of supplies as i'm going from cooking for 1 to cooking for 5!

Takeaway and movie tonight i think, and crossing fingers that the sun comes out sometime in the next 2 weeks so we can get our new bbq (OH's late birthday pressie from me) fired up!

DTD xx
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Right, time to go and wake up sleeping beauty!

Have been surveying since i last posted. Up to £34.70 on *nepoll, and 580 sw*gbucks so hoping to be able to cash out both sometime soon.

Still waiting for payment on an eb*y listing which finished 2 days ago- why do people bid and then not pay? it's only £2 so barely even worth the faff, but it's the principle, and all the little buts really do add up!
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    10 Days since I last posted- bad DTD!!

OH is home and i'm loving it, plus we've also had my step son here for the last week which has been amazing, but busy!

OH goes back in 4 days which i am dreading, but we're heading off to a hotel tomorrow night to have a chill together before he goes back because it has been so busy so far we've barely had an quality time together.

Money wise all is ok. Payday 1 on wednesday and payday 2 on thursday. My job 2 bonus should still clear cc2 even though it has crept up, but don't think i'll be able to make to make much of a dent in cc1. Worth it though to have had such an amazing few days, and then i'll be back to being a hermit for the next 8 weeks!
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    V excited to update totals tomorrow. Payday 1 today so paid £550 off cc1 (although not much of a dent made from last month because it had crept up). Payday 2 tomorrow so am still on course to clear CC2 completely :T. No real progress with Overdraft this month.

Have just updated my student loan on my debt spreadsheet. Total came out as £9028 after this months pay cheque so have overpaid £30 to get it to under the 9k mark- bit silly maybe but the interest rate is now 1.25 so worse than my ISA, and psychologically it's nice to know i'm under 9k now (even if only just).

Have been on an eb*y frenzy, although all the money raised is going into a separate pot me and OH have started for a holiday when his current contract ends in March next year. Hopefully we'll have paid off moving expenses and CC's by then, so our aim is to save all £2 coins and any other little bits of income, and then the pot should hopefully cover a bit of the holiday. Psychologically it is nice to see the total going up with each sale, and we've been to the travel agents so now have some nice pictures of sandy beaches as inspiration!!

Just back from a lovely night away with OH, feeling very relaxed and pampered now. He goes back to work in 2 days but trying not to think about it. On the plus side there are nearly 2 paydays until he is back again, so hopefully i can do some serious debt busting in those 8 weeks!!
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you've had a lovely time with your OH DTD, glad you got a night away just you 2.

Fingers crossed for a nice holiday next year for the pair of you xx
    Mummytogirls x

• DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Thanks MummyToGirls- we had stepson for most of the time he was home which was amazing, but nice to also have a little time just the 2 of us!

Finally pay from job 2 has landed so a little update on totals (will have to work out how to do a signature!).

OD £928.32/£963.71 (-£35.39 this month)
    Cc1 £2832.29/£2898.00 (-£65.71 this month)
    Cc 2 £0/£1430 :T (-£1430 this month)

Total debt £3760.61/£5291.71 (-£1531.10 this month:))
    Holiday fund stands at £38.95

Progress will be slower next month, not due any salary next month from job 2 (although working 4 days this month so that will get that paid in July's pay, and is also 2 weekends i'll not be spending). Had to pay the remainder of the Hen party money (£125 :() and pay my half of our little mini break so am holding off making any more payments to cards now for a while. Got my mums bday this weekend so going to take her out for dinner but this will come out of fun money, and then will hopefully have a fairly quiet month in an attempt to not spend on credit cards this month.

all in the right direction, but would have been better if i hadn't had so many house expenses last month, so fingers crossed this month will be better!

DTD xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts