Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa

Options

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope they dont lower the rate before you've all received the gubbins to manage your accounts!
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've opened my account already but I'm a bit confused with some of the comments. Do I need to wait to receive the card and reader before I deposit, or is that purely for withdrawing funds ?
  • S_uk
    S_uk Posts: 337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 July 2017 at 3:28PM
    Options
    My account is opened (waiting for the card reader etc) but I'm still getting emails and texts asking me to upload ID online. They then contradicted this when I rang them to check and told me in fact I don't need to do this and should ignore these messages..
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    darren72 wrote: »
    I've opened my account already but I'm a bit confused with some of the comments. Do I need to wait to receive the card and reader before I deposit, or is that purely for withdrawing funds ?
    Only for withdrawing, so don't put too much in till you get it.!
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    miller wrote: »
    In a word - no! :(

I tried ringing to see if they could tell if card's been issued and they hadn't got a clue (I was on hold for 30mins), they told me to try webchat. I've just tried webchat and they said as it'd been 20 days since opening and requesting reader etc they'd suggest cancelling card and PIN! They asked if I was ok with this. No, I'm not ok with it, as it'd be another long haul all over again. I'll give it another couple of days and then get it cancelled and re-issued (if indeed it'd ever been issued in the first place). I don't believe for one minute that so many of us could've had their cards lost in the post :(
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 July 2017 at 5:05PM
    Options
    I chased the elusive 'anytime' card the other day; I've got one of the toys after 3 weeks...just waiting for the other two...

...but she said you can make a withdrawal by phone... using an additional level of security.

PS Caveat: They didn't appear to know what they were doing..

PPS Maybe the UB Anytime card means it may ARRIVE anytime... :)
  • buffman
    buffman Posts: 436 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I opened an account a few days after it was launched. The Everyday card finally arrived precisely 21 days later (though I did receive the card reader and PIN much earlier).
    My wife opened an account a week later. Today is 21 days since her account was opened - still no Everyday card.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »

PPS Maybe the UB Anytime card means it may ARRIVE anytime... :)

Haha, sounds about right :rotfl:
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very straight-forward account opening process. Appled online and authorised immediately with account number and sort code received same day by email.

Deposited funds next day.

2 letters within a few days: 1 requesting a sample signature the other with activation code for online banking.

All very easy. Havent yet applied for card or card reader as don't plan on withdrawals for a while, but I'll get round to that over the weekend.

Called them once for a clarificaton and got speedy, friendly and efficient answers on the phone. Can't fault them.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »
    Ref the card reader issue. What Ulster Bank says is that;

If you don't have a suitable card to use with your card reader don't worry, we will provide you with an Anytime Banking card which is designed specifically for use with the reader. We will send this card out automatically when you order a card reader through online banking.

I'll see what happens.

Card reader ordered 7/07/17.

Anytime card received 21/07/17.

PIN and card reader awaited.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills