New- by and a bit lost

Comments

• Nor me.

Is the person on the electoral register there?
  • I would not know how to go about proving someone lives at an address other than to check the electoral roll. A neighbour can prove that they've seen him there, but not that that's his actual permanent address. As regards the CSA I wouldn't be surprised if they've just phoned the house, been told no-one of that name lives there, and left it at that. Hopefully someone will be along soon who can advise you.
    It is not because things are difficult that we dare not venture
    It is because we dare not venture that they are difficult

SENECA
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ha ha so you expect every single person who looks at the thread to reply even if they don't know the answer and can't help?

Wow!
  • Well enough people took the time to look at the post and not reply. That's rude
    tykesi wrote: »
    Ha ha so you expect every single person who looks at the thread to reply even if they don't know the answer and can't help?

Wow!

I've just spotted OP's retort above. Which AE is this one, then, I wonder.

SENECA
  • Diary
    Diary Posts: 591 Forumite
    Well enough people took the time to look at the post and not reply. That's rude

You viewed my post with the correct board complete with the link as you're a 'new - by' (sic).

You didn't bother posting on the board I linked. That's really rude and I can only conclude you're a troll.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    I can't answer your question OP, but I can tell you that the CSA is the single most inept, inefficient, incompetent government department there is. And that is really saying something.

My ds and dd have both had dealings with them in the past. My dd was deserted and left in debt by her husband 22 years ago. She is still chasing the CSA for a result. Many months, up to almost 2 years, can go by before there is a response, which is usually along the lines of 'we are still dealing with it...' She has another partner and another child in the meantime and they are all quite happy together, especially as he is a fine man, a good worker and provider.

Our ds on the other hand, managed to get his two children away from an abusive, neglectful drunk of a mother and has raised them himself. Last year, 16 years after having sole custody, moving miles away and being a settled family, he received notice from the CSA that they were chasing his ex-wife for money in 'shared support'. He had not ever asked for this, had not ever received any notification that this was happening and is definitely not interested in anything from her. It would be very difficult to get anything anyway: she has never worked since the age of 19 and is now in her late 40's. But those two contrasting stories demonstrate the lack of competence that is consistently displayed by the CSA.

I am sorry to tell you OP that you will be very fortunate to achieve a fitting result from this organisation, but I really hope that you do get what you are entitled to. Good Luck!
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You need to wind your neck in.

You wont last lomg on here wirh that attitude.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Well I clicked on to read. Fortunately I have never needed their service so have absolutely no idea how to help but as you deem those that
    read and not reply to be rude I'm going to waffle on and on !

By now you've given up and realized I'm taking the proverbial!

I can offer some advise, don't be rude.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • Robisere wrote: »
    I can't answer your question OP, but I can tell you that the CSA is the single most inept, inefficient, incompetent government department there is. And that is really saying something.

My ds and dd have both had dealings with them in the past. My dd was deserted and left in debt by her husband 22 years ago. She is still chasing the CSA for a result. Many months, up to almost 2 years, can go by before there is a response, which is usually along the lines of 'we are still dealing with it...' She has another partner and another child in the meantime and they are all quite happy together, especially as he is a fine man, a good worker and provider.

Our ds on the other hand, managed to get his two children away from an abusive, neglectful drunk of a mother and has raised them himself. Last year, 16 years after having sole custody, moving miles away and being a settled family, he received notice from the CSA that they were chasing his ex-wife for money in 'shared support'. He had not ever asked for this, had not ever received any notification that this was happening and is definitely not interested in anything from her. It would be very difficult to get anything anyway: she has never worked since the age of 19 and is now in her late 40's. But those two contrasting stories demonstrate the lack of competence that is consistently displayed by the CSA.

I am sorry to tell you OP that you will be very fortunate to achieve a fitting result from this organisation, but I really hope that you do get what you are entitled to. Good Luck!

There was no such thing as the CSA in my day. Mother chased errant father for maintenance and child support but whenever it came to court he was (conveniently) out of work, so he wasn't ordered to pay a penny. She gave up in the end, and he managed to wash his hands of his responsibility completely.

SENECA
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Well enough people took the time to look at the post and not reply. That's rude

No it isn't. Your post is rude though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport