IKEA nursery furniture, now or wait?

Hi all,

We are going to be having our first child in March and want everything to be ready in the nursery well in advance (I've heard these little kid things are quite time demanding). The nursery furniture we like is from IKEA and I wondered if anyone has any experience of whether it would be in the December sales? If not then I'll get it now as it isn't too expensive but always like to save if I can.

Thanks!

Comments

• Tyler119
    Tyler119 Posts: 341 Forumite
    Hi all,

We are going to be having our first child in March and want everything to be ready in the nursery well in advance (I've heard these little kid things are quite time demanding). The nursery furniture we like is from IKEA and I wondered if anyone has any experience of whether it would be in the December sales? If not then I'll get it now as it isn't too expensive but always like to save if I can.

Thanks!

Really depends. If it is a range that is still selling well then it will likely not be in the sales. Again if the manufacturer is stopping production then again it may be in the sales, if it has not been selling that well.

If it is March before little one arrives, is there any problems holding off until after December. Sometimes the better sales can be in January as it is a fresh sales quarter. Towards the end of the year, depending how the rest of the final quarter has gone, the sales may not be that great.

We purchased our stuff from mothercare. The range we picked was made of solid wood and was a breeze to construct. It has had 18 months of wear and tear and seems to be holding up really well.
  • Hello! I had a baby just over two weeks ago. Just wanted to chip in to say that really don't need that much stuff for the first few weeks, and you might find that some of the stuff you buy actually isn't as useful as you'd thought.

I think me and my girlfriend are perhaps a little different to the norm in that our 'nesting' instinct just never seemed to kick in, but basically you need somewhere for them to sleep, somewhere to change them, and some way to carry them. That's about it!

I'm not saying don't have fun buying things and kitting out your place the way you want it. But you might discover - for example - that your new changing table is surplus to requirements because it's quicker and easier to just change them on the floor in your own bedroom!

Edit to add: I've just noticed when the OP dates back to. Probably all bought and set up already!
  • Hi,

Not sure if this is still applicable but Ikea are currently running a campaign where if you p** on this advert to prove you are pregnant you can get a discount on the cot...

Not allowed to post the link but if you search Ikea Advert Pregnancy it will come up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure