Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    icharus wrote: »
    Before I contact Ofgem I decided to telephone EON to determine if there was a problem at their end.
    A nice helpful lady explained to me that although I applied to transfer from the 11th January that my electric supply was changed over on 7th February and my gas supply from the 16th February. She said that the only hold up at their end was the fact that EON had not received any readings from Iresa. I supplied all my meter references and readings throughout.
    Apparently she said that EON are not permitted to get involved at their end, until 42 days after the changeover of both electric and gas. She said that they can and will raise the matter with Iresa if the matter is still outstanding at that point.

It was great to get my call quickly answered by EON and time taken to explain the nuances of the problem. A marked contrast with that of Iresa.

It is such a pity that the differential in EONs tariffs was so marked.

Glad we were able to help icharus. My colleague was spot on. 42 calendar days is the critical point. After this time, we'll contact the gaining supplier and try to sort out readings. 42 days also triggers a letter from us to the customer to tell them about the delay and let them know what we're doing about it.

Depending on how long it takes, we might send an estimated bill based on past usage. This will be replaced once readings come through. These readings will go to both suppliers so opening/closing bills match and there aren't any duplicated charges.

These readings can be challenged through an industry wide process known as an Agreed Reads Dispute (ARD). Provided, that is, the difference is above set thresholds. These are 250 units for electricity and 45/125 units for a 4 dial imperial/5 dial metric gas meter.

It's good your call was answered promptly and helpfully icharus. Thanks for posting this.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The worry with these fairly new small companies, running on a shoestring budget and skeleton staff, is that they can't cope and will mess up, costing you more as your fix end passes and you end up on standard rate tariffs.

Also, I seem to remember that, if their customer base is below a certain figure, there is a system which allows them to be cheaper (they are exempt from some obligations that the large companies have to fulfil), so more customers mean their prices will rise.
  • jlfan
    jlfan Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    icharus wrote: »
    Yes, I believe we should be worried. It is obvious from the posts on this thread that Iresa are not coping and/or incompetent.

Yesterday, I finally got a not too coherent response to my e-mails of the beginning of February. The reply did not explain the reason for the transfer delay, but said the problem had been passed to the appropriate department who would be in touch. The e-mails have now been annotated as resolved!!! I was told the same thing over the telephone 3 weeks ago!!

EON said that there is no hold up at their end and that my gas supply should have been taken over on the 16th February.

I applied to transfer on the 11th January and adopted a belt and braces approach. I provided all meter references details on that day and subsequently. I have provided all meter readings. My Iresa account is still not showing readings for my electric supply and nothing at all for my gas supply, not even a contract date.

My first direct debit went through on the 30th January, I have just checked and strangely no further dd has been taken.

I have given up on attempting a meaningful communication with this company. They take over a month to respond to e-mails. Waiting on the telephone has on two occasions taken over an hour. They make repeat promises to deal with the matter and nothing happens. I don't use Twitter.

The cracks are beginning to show. Given their very poor Customer Relations Department and obvious operational problems, I anticipate that the SWHTF with this company quite soon, and we will be left to clear up their mess.

With hindsight I would not have transferred to this company, and I do not recommend them.

I expect I will be alerting Ofgem to the problems by mid week. I suggest others do the same.

I am in exactly the same position as you.

Electricity transferred 31/1 and gas 17/2. Gas meter is up and running on Iresa but no electricity.

E.On waiting for Iresa to provide readings and in the meantime are sitting on £250.00 with little faith it will come back to me anytime soon.

E.On chat works so well, to confirm position from their End.

Will carry on waiting, no point getting stressed and the Iresa prices are great. It will sort itself out eventually.

Good luck with yours.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 4 March 2017 at 11:01AM
    Options
    lisaweirl wrote: »
    Hi

On 2nd February 2017 I requested of Iresa a switch of electricity supply from Eon, asking for it to be done on or as soon after 24th February as possible, having been advised by a generic energy switch organisation that it normally takes three weeks so don't put your order in until the beginning of February.

On 17th February I got an email from Iresa stating that I would be transferred with next 14 days. I wrote back reiterating that I wanted to waive the cooling off period and be connected to them on 24t fb or soon after. No reply.

So there was no indication from Iresa that anything was amiss. On 24th February I emailed Iresa to verify all was on track. They said that they hadn't done anything because they didn't have my MPAN number (which was optional on the application form). I sent that to them within the hour and have been chasing them ever since.
    The cooling off period started on the 2nd of February. By the 17th it had been and gone.
    If you had still been in the cooling off period there is no option to waive it. The options are to stop the switch or continue with it.

The email on the 17th was them stating they had started the switch. Your reply asking to opt out and expecting to be connected by the 24th may have derailed the process.

Its possible that with a heavy workload they are focussing on what is straightforward and possible rather than being sidelined by unusual or infeasible requests.

They seem to work better if left alone.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 March 2017 at 12:32PM
    Options
    The cooling off period started on the 2nd of February. By the 17th it had been and gone.
    If you had still been in the cooling off period there is no option to waive it. The options are to stop the switch or continue with it.

The email on the 17th was them stating they had started the switch. Your reply asking to opt out and expecting to be connected by the 24th may have derailed the process.

Its possible that with a heavy workload they are focussing on what is straightforward and possible rather than being sidelined by unusual or infeasible requests.

They seem to work better if left alone.

There is a moral here: read the supplier's ts and cs. Seventeen day switching is a voluntary code and not all suppliers are signed up to it. Iresa most certainly isn't as it makes it very clear that they do nothing during the 'cooling off' period in respect of transferring a supply. Thereafter, they state that they plan to takeover a supply within 16 days: a total of 30 days from receipt of the application to switch. Consumers cannot opt out of a 'cooling off' period. If this was allowed, you can see the potential for abuse.

It is worth pointing out that if a consumer transfers from one tariff to another with the same supplier, there is no 'cooling off' period. This is treated as a mutual variation of a contract which has to be actioned within 5 days under Standard Licence Conditions.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If you can't read their terms and condtions try their FAQ.

http://www.iresa.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

• Day 1: Your order is submitted online.
    • Day 1 – Day 14: Cooling off period. This is in line with the Consumer Contracts Regulations for online orders. At this point you can cancel your order and the process of switching is terminated. This can be done online or on phone.
    • Day 15: Initiate Transfer: Your energy switching request is sent to the energy market to commence the transfer process.
    • Day 18: First Direct Debit Payment will be taken from your account in Advance.
    • Day 27 – 30: Supply Start Date and Submission of first Meter Readings.
    SwitchingProcess-1.jpg
  • luckwudaveit
    luckwudaveit Posts: 404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My gas switch has exceeded those timescales so I've sent them a direct message (DM) on Twitter. I'll report back.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    .................... 42 calendar days is the critical point. After this time, we'll contact the gaining supplier and try to sort out readings. 42 days also triggers a letter from us to the customer to tell them about the delay and let them know what we're doing about it. .............................
    Looks like I will be hearing from you some time after tomorrow then :o
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My gas switch has exceeded those timescales so I've sent them a direct message (DM) on Twitter. I'll report back.
    Are you with an IGT as that often de-rails the process due to lots of manual / paper information transferring.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Only just..
    As I understand it, you applied to switch on or around 01-Feb-2017.

Some additional things to consider:
    1. It says approximately 30 days
    2. If you are supplied via an IGT (and you don't keep on top of things) it could well take longer for gas
    3. If you applied via a switching service that passes the information onto the supplier (such as the CEC) then you have to allow the time required for the switching service to inform the supplier on top of the suppliers timing.

I see your electricity was planned to be switched last Thursday (so in line with the supplier's timing) and presumably it has switched now; have you not received any info at all about your gas switch?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure