Unusual Hen Party Ideas?

Options
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know of any good value hen ideas which are a bit different to the norm? The unusual ones all seem to be so expensive (like spas etc)
Thanks!

Comments

• Catherine002
    Options
    Depends if you want to drink or not? Why not have a vintage tea party in your garden, or a girls pamper night in. All the girls could bring some make up, nail varnish and face masks
  • englishjurgen
    Options
    I had this problem earlier in the year too. Some hen do activities were into the £100s, which is crazy when you have to pay for accommodation/drinks/outift/present for the wedding too. We ended up having a good old fashioned sleepover, cos it was February and it was cold, with silly games and a midnight feast. Noone fancied the night out in town as we were all skint and we'd done it all before. It was a good laugh and gave us all the time for a girly gossip which we never seem to have.

Im going to another one in the summer, where we are all camping, but we have to be girl scouts and go out on challenges. Not sure what it's like yet cos we've not been on it, but it looks like great fun and its £13 each for games, outfits and novelty bits - sounds good! This is the website - freerangehenparty.wordpress.com
  • Rubynewshoes
    Options
    I had mine at a vintage shop that also runs jewellery making and dress making classes. We had a treasure hunt around the shop and made fascinators that a lot of us wore to the wedding. We drank champagne and ate tiny sandwiches and cupcakes. It was an absolute blast. Everyone joined in; there was something for everyone to enjoy and nobody felt uncomfortable as there was none of the 'normal' hen do stuff, i.e willy straws etc! ;)
  • twirlypinky
    twirlypinky Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Options
    I had mine at an activity centre in marlow, we did various different climbing activities, water orbing etc, and then in the evening in our little room we did a murder mystery.
    saving up another deposit as we've lost all our equity.
    We're 29% of the way there...
  • DaisyMoo
    DaisyMoo Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    I had mine at a vintage shop that also runs jewellery making and dress making classes. We had a treasure hunt around the shop and made fascinators that a lot of us wore to the wedding. We drank champagne and ate tiny sandwiches and cupcakes. It was an absolute blast. Everyone joined in; there was something for everyone to enjoy and nobody felt uncomfortable as there was none of the 'normal' hen do stuff, i.e willy straws etc! ;)

Ruby, that sound fab, where is this vintage shop? would love to do something like this x
  • melancholly
    melancholly Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    a friend organised a life drawing class! strippers were banned so this was a compromise. also quite funny by all accounts and gives everyone an activity to do (which can be helpful if not everyone knows each other!).
    :happyhear
  • NiceGuyEddie_2
    Options
    If you do fancy something like a spa day, you may be able to find a local beauty therapist who will do 'at home' sessions. So you could pick a treatment each and then easily have other DIY treatments. The Sanctuary range from Boots has particularly good range for this.
    Despite the name, I'm actually a laydee!
  • Rubynewshoes
    Options
    DaisyMoo wrote: »
    Ruby, that sound fab, where is this vintage shop? would love to do something like this x

It was Rags to !!!!!es in Manchester. It's right in the centre of town so if you're not local to the area, you could maybe stay in a cheap hotel and make a weekend of it.

http://www.world-of-ragsto!!!!!es.co.uk/
  • Rubynewshoes
    Options
    Argh, sorry, link hasn't worked! If you want the link, PM me or just search Rags to !!!!!es in manchester on google or something and you'll find their site.
  • melancholly
    melancholly Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    just tried to find the shop as i'll be in manchester in the summer - with the .co.uk end it took me to some IT services website?! so with .com it worked.

let's see if adding the link to a word works instead - link to shop ETA - won't work that way either!

(although their website also works from https://www.rags-to-b i t c h e s.com/ just without the spaces!)
    :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport