PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    1.the sun has come out to play , at least for today
    2. the house isnt flooded
    3. another egg from the pullets
    4. sausage casserole in the slowcooker
    5. all the family will be here for the weekend :-)
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    1. House all cleaned through

2. Four loads of washing done and out on the line drying - well nearly dry I have put some of it on the clothes horse to air off the thicker flannelette sheets are finishing off in the tumble dryer!!

3. Sun has shone today giving us a respite from this bad weather

4 The weather forecast came right for once today :D

5. Swept up some of the remainder of leaves in the garden and around the patio. The last of them is in sight :)
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • Argggggh, that hurts.

No pleasure 2day as car MOT (whacko £330)

Where is mes cat'o'eight tails!

(Quaffs quart of RUM to settle payments)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Finished work in daylight today - its all overtime Fridays money is very useful but miss the time.

2. Hearing the owls this morning

3. My copy of good housekeeping arrived - subscription is a present from my Aunt.

4. Coffee offered and accepted at the school I was working in this morning. It is so rare now to be offered a drink, showed where the toilets are and some don't like showing you where I need to work.
  • Good evening all !

Broomstick - I hope that your house has not been flooded. Thinking of you x

Kittikins - I hope it went well today .

Blackbeard -Sorry about the piratemobile that must have stung a bit !

5 for today

1. Fell asleep at 8.30pm and had a long ,long sleep- full of the usual weird confrontational dreams . Must be something about it being my first week back at work !

2.OH let the hens out whilst I continued to sleep. I am Bagpuss - my Mum said she used to put me to bed at 7pm and have to wake me up around 10am in the morning as I was such a sleepy baby.Old habits die hard:D I love my bed .

3. Did a "big" food shop, didn't cost as much as I had anticipated . Got lots of the "C" word stuff .Used a voucher for some money off of my favourite , albeit very expensive bread.Got a few boxes of chocolatey stuff as my work colleague is doing a box for a local food bank and wanted something a bit more festive than the usual tin of value tomatoes type donation.

4. A snooze this afternoon with a hot water bottle :o

5. Got some posh mushrooms and OH made mushroom stroganoff for tea.

Have a good weekend all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    1) Listening to an excellent busker in the city centre at lunchtime - he did a version of Comfortably Numb which had everyone within earshot applauding.

2) A meeting with a senior colleague where I mentioned a 'discussion' I'm having with his counterpart in another department, to which his considered response was that I'm right and she 'needs some sense knocking into her - possibly with a hammer'. :rotfl:

3) Received a response to a complaint I made to B00ts about a voucher which they rejected on the basis of unpublished terms and conditions - they agree that I'm right to be annoyed, and have given me some bonus loyalty points as an apology. :T

4) Bad, bad CCP ordered some new boots from the Amaz0n sale - they're lovely, and were a serious bargain, but do I really need any more boots? :o

5) Making pizza tonight with some Isle of Wight soft cheese (a brie-style one). :drool:

And one more that's not really a pleasure, but was funny: a shop in the city centre has some model reindeer arranged around the store, and two have been positioned in what is presumably meant to be a touching scene of mummy reindeer protecting baby reindeer, but actually looks like two adult reindeer... umm (searching for a word that the prudish MSE filter won't take a dislike to)... fornicating? :rotfl:

And one that note - evening, all!
  • Hope it went alright today KK.

Listening to Christmas songs, the old proper ones.
    Pasta bake cooking away.
    Work was good and over for the weekend.:j
    We need to pop out and get a few bits means late night shop on a Friday not ideal and very careful as a tight budget is really under stating it.:o
    Feeling positive.:)
    Looking forward to a hot soak later.:p
    Ohhh and also it sounds like my payment might just be possibly with us earlier than we thought which would be amazing if it is.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. I GOT THE JOB!!!! :):):) Was very pleased and surprised when I was called about an hour after I left the school, and oh so relieved :) The pay will be horrendous compared to what I was on, but if I can survive til April and the new tax year, I'll get tax credits to help a bit. The job sounds fantastic, and everyone I met today was lovely, especially the Year 9 pupils who took me on a tour of the school.

2. DD is sooooo excited for me :)

3. YS bargains at the supermarket

4. Have turned a huge pan of cooked mung beans into 'spag bol' and 'curry', not sure if I'll be able to sneak them past DD as they really don't look like veggie mince, but I'm darned well going to try!

5. Have filled out a form to try and get free prescriptions.

Phew! I'll get the formal offer some time next week and I guess until I have yet another CRB and have passed the health check, I won't officially have the job, but do need to work out how and when to tell the hsa people as the job doesn't start until January and I don't want to be stuck skinto until then. Will head over to the relevant board here as there's bound to be someone very knowledgeable who can help :)
  • Wow that is absolutly fantabulous Kittkins. Congratulations
    :beer::beer::j:j:beer::beer:
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,147 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Well done, Kittikins! Is this going to be until you go to University or carry on while you are there?

Here are my pleasures for today so far (Friday!)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) I *think* the septic tank man came at some ungodly hour with the truck and.... large bore pipe. There was certainly some commotion and I was vaguely aware of a man talking to MrN in the alleyway saying he had "knocked my door but no one answered" !

3) Got a few jobs done in one round trip. Went to the bank to pay in the cheque for the bus pass, got some petrol then went to school to pick up the MASSIVE load of paperwork for smaller son's exclusion appeal on Thursday. School have certainly put everything in there!

4) Popped to mum and dad's with some scraps for the pigs and to talk to my brother as I was selling some tiles on Ebay for him.

5) Phoned the log man and he is bringing 2 tonnes on Monday.

6) Booked sons onto a canoing afternoon on Sunday. :-) They are most pleased.

7) Sons went round to play with MrN's sons so my brother and I had to go round to collect them so we could go swimming. Forgot that my brother and MrN used to get on well despite the fact brother is the same age as MrN's oldest son...

8) Went swimming.

9) Brother here for tea and I made HM shepherds pie and cabbage followed by HM rice pudding and a tin of peaches of great age.

10) Brother and sons are playing on the Wii now so I shall re-join them and make a cup of tea.

11) Oh yes, smaller son had another good day at school! This is the first day he has slipped a mark so he got 20 out of 21 for behaviour. No negative comments about him so I suppose his concentration must have slipped a bit.

Lovely weekend planned (not that today hasn't been lovely too!) Tomorrow sons are going to mum and dad's for lunch then they are taking them to a pantomime. I don't think mum and dad have ever taken both sons out without me.

While they're out, I am going to Ludlow with my sister. I think there is a food fair or Christmas fair on. I have TONS to organise towards Christmas so will definitely get the cards from the hospice shop tomorrow, the Advent calenders and possibly some stuff towards the santa's grotto...

Nothing planned for tomorrow evening but on Sunday we have the canoing thing after lunch then I think we are going to my sister's for tea and to play board games.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure