MSE Poll: How much do you spend on your pet(s)?

Poll started 25 April 2017

How much do you spend on your pet(s)?

They may provide love and joy, but keeping a pet doesn’t come fur free. Whether you’ve a Kitty, Rover, Tabby or Nemo we want to know how much ewe spend on your pet(s) purr year, including on food, insurance, vet costs, clothes, toys, dog walking, kennels or owt else.

Please vote in the relevant categories (or dogerories) depending on the pets you have. If you have more than one of a type, please do the cost PER pet.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    MSE_Sam_M wrote: »
    how much ewe spend on your pet(s) purr year, including on food, insurance, vet costs, clothes, ...

clothes? :think:
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Mandelbrot wrote: »

Does that include the handbag to put the dog in or not?
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Mandelbrot wrote: »

What about this lovely little tux for your dog?

tuxedo.jpg
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    must admit I didn't realise how much till saw this &
    added it all up!
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    I have already spent over £500 and I've only had my dog for about 10 weeks :eek:
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    How can you spend £10000 pa on a cat? I have a friend who has one moggy and 2 pedigree cats and she spends a fraction of that.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    MSE_Sam_M wrote: »
    Poll started 25 April 2017

How much do you spend on your pet(s)?

They may provide love and joy, but keeping a pet doesn’t come fur free. Whether you’ve a Kitty, Rover, Tabby or Nemo we want to know how much ewe spend on your pet(s) purr year, including on food, insurance, vet costs, clothes, toys, dog walking, kennels or owt else.

Please vote in the relevant categories (or dogerories) depending on the pets you have. If you have more than one of a type, please do the cost PER pet.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
    Sam, do you feel sheepish for making that pun? :D
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    When I add up the food, Petplan pet insurance, and minimum annual Vet Bills, we are not much below the £500 mark for the cat.

And, amazingly enough at least half that for the fish - not that food is a great deal, hard to quantify the electric for the pond appliances, but then there's the water treatments, and pond cleaning.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    no1catman wrote: »
    When I add up the food, Petplan pet insurance, and minimum annual Vet Bills, we are not much below the £500 mark for the cat.

And, amazingly enough at least half that for the fish - not that food is a great deal, hard to quantify the electric for the pond appliances, but then there's the water treatments, and pond cleaning.

Yes, I'm in for nearly £400 for petplan & pets4vets maintenance plan.

Then the food, litter & so on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport