HSBC PPI Loan Claim

So received and offer on the 10/03/17 for a total amount of £2,734.81 broken down for 3 loans so 3 payments of:

£1129.99, £741.06 , £863.76

They then wrote to me on the 30/03/17 after having all my bank details to make payment etc. I had to prove who I was which was done in branch. Today I have recieved 1x Payment of £1131.60 which I assume is the 1st amount plus interest but not the other 2 payments. Trying to call HSBC is a nightmare as I don't have any open accounts they can't find me even though I managed to speak to people last week who did. Wonder why I have been paid for 1 amount but not the other 2 amounts? How do I chase this? The reference number I was supplied with doesn't help when I call.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Contact the Ombudsman.
  • Should I not wait a few days before contacting them though? I was just wondering if its normal for the bank to make one payment of if they normally do multiple payments?
  • [Deleted User]
    Dorsetuser wrote: »
    I was just wondering if its normal for the bank to make one payment of if they normally do multiple payments?
    If you can't contact the Bank directly, you'll either have to patiently wait for the remaining payments or enlist the help of the Ombudsman.
    No one here can tell you when (or whether) subsequent payments will be made, though they certainly should be.
  • Ok thanks for the info, I will wait a few more days and if nothing comes through I will write to them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Dorsetuser wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the info, I will wait a few more days and if nothing comes through I will write to them.
    Call the Ombudsman immediately by telephone and you'll get immediate help and advice...
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've just logged into my HSBC account to check that I've been paid and was surprised to see a payment of £1200 for "PPI Redress" for a claim from 1999 despite not having heard anything from them in the last couple of months.

It was only a loan of £3000 so I'm quite happy with it but it would have been nice if their communications had been better.
  • Annie1960
    Annie1960 Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Just out of interest, how long did your claim take? How far back was your loan, and did you have evidence to send them?

I'm in the middle of making a claim from HSBC at the moment, and so far they are saying they have no records.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure