Anyone else taking Lionbridge Exam next week?

Comments

• MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    271906 wrote: »
    Has anyone here tried re-applying? Have you had any luck MallRat? I applied to LF early last week.. but didn't hear anything back. `

Hiya. :) I'm currently in the exam process for the Ads Assessor role. They transferred my application after I told them I was no longer interested in the Web Content Judge thing. Assumed this would be with the old LB client, but no, it's the Appen one yet again. Anyway, the job seems exactly the same as WSE, only slightly more difficult as there's an additional rating category. :angry: Obviously I'm not delighted, but as I haven't worked for nearly 2 months now I'm really hoping I can pass the exam and then get started ASAP. Off to complete the next stage of the process in a bit.. :cool:
  • geministar2008
    geministar2008 Posts: 332 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2014 at 9:59AM
    Ive also been looking at their different roles. Social media assessor, ad assessor, crowd work. I did just post a new thread asking about these roles. My apologies could have put it here.
    Is the process the same for all of these roles then?
    I applied with leapforce for web assessor, failed part 3 but can re sit but its all 3 exams. It was a long week last time. Hence why im looking at alternative.
    But thinking they are all the same process.
    And after reading reviews and comments on here is it really worth such a hard exam to get little work with poor pay eg crowd work seems to pay poorly. Is the exam as long for that? Then I know with leapforce you have reviews...im guessing lionbridge perhaps does too.
    Sorry if I seem a bit negative but really don't want to waste my time if something isnt lucrative.

Any info on lionbridge roles would be great. I did apply to lionbridge before leapforce some weeks ago but was declined because I was doing the leapforce process. Now im not sure which road to try if any.
    I know ive spoken to some of you and you all say do leapforce re sit no point doing another exam elsewhere when I could pass this time. But just wondering if id be suited to another role as mentioned above? However if they all have same exam process I guess I may as well do leapforce first.

Thank you :-D
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Any info on lionbridge roles would be great. I did apply to lionbridge before leapforce some weeks ago but was declined because I was doing the leapforce process. Now im not sure which road to try if any.
    I know ive spoken to some of you and you all say do leapforce re sit no point doing another exam elsewhere when I could pass this time. But just wondering if id be suited to another role as mentioned above? However if they all have same exam process I guess I may as well do leapforce first.

Thank you :-D

That's the problem with LB. Lots of different roles advertised, and you don't really get to find out what they're all about until you're actually in the qualification process. Obviously we could be sharing info on here, only this thread isn't very active anymore unfortunately. Namely because it got overshadowed by the LF one, and everyone now just seems to apply there instead. :)

I'm assuming the role you got instantly rejected for was LB Internet Assessor? If so, that's 99% the same as the LF job, with the same end client. The only other LB role I know anything about is Ads Assessor, which I'm currently trying to qualify for. This is pretty much the same as the WSE job at Appen, and is for a different client. And I would say both the exam and job are more difficult than for the LF role. (Not that I've actually done either job at this stage, of course.) I was also in the exam process for LB Web Content Judge a couple of weeks ago, but I see they're no longer advertising that on their website.

So if I were you, I would just do the LF resit. If you've already taken the exam once, then you've done all the background work anyway, right?
  • hi mallrat yeh you are probably right. i have up until monday to click the re sit test link, but i want to know if the moment i click the resit link do i get the exam re sit info and deadline instantly or do i have to wait until LF contact me again with the schedule. ive emailed them to find out. its just another full on week to possibly not pass again and its re taking all 3, not just the 3rd which instantly puts me off. debating just leaving it all for awhile and look into other things.
  • oneflewover
    oneflewover Posts: 126 Forumite
    When you get this job it's hours and days and weeks and months of doing those same tasks over and over again (with some others thrown in for variety), so if you're struggling to muster the enthusiasm to re-do the first 2 parts of the re-sits then perhaps this work isn't for you?

Just want you to know what you've got to look forward to if you do manage to pass. It's not easy, or fun, work.
  • Ghost_2005
    Ghost_2005 Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I think it's relatively easy and quite interesting work, but then I only do 10 hours a week. It would be a grind doing this full time, but it's not really a full time job.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    When you get this job it's hours and days and weeks and months of doing those same tasks over and over again (with some others thrown in for variety), so if you're struggling to muster the enthusiasm to re-do the first 2 parts of the re-sits then perhaps this work isn't for you?

Just want you to know what you've got to look forward to if you do manage to pass. It's not easy, or fun, work.

I'm with you on this one.....I often find myself doing other work, that pays less, simply because it is more interesting! :o:o:o
  • hmmm food for thought. id only do part time if i did. but im going to have a serious re think. as i must admit it is rather boring. its not like you are paid £10000000s. must be a good thing for most people but i dont think id have the enthusiasm long term, think ill look into a few other things.
  • wems
    wems Posts: 23 Forumite
    Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible or even worthwhile appealing a score on the monthly feedback? Had one that I failed and there's a really good reason why this happened (LB admit this reason too) and I'm really frustrated that I've been put onto review because of it!
  • annhan
    annhan Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    LB pays in Euros which the bank automatically converts on any given day whether the rate is high or low, has anyone opened a euro account so we can receive payments in euros and convert in our own leisure. If so can you please recommend a basic account?

Thanks

Ann
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport