Mrs S, family life and debt

Comments

• The live Martin Lewis Money Show was on ITV at 8pm today. Good tips about Christmas sales etc. :money:
  • The live Martin Lewis Money Show was on ITV at 8pm today. Good tips about Christmas sales etc. :money:

Thank you I shall look on catch up at some point.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Work today but I feel yucky. Sore throat and would love to stay in bed all day!! Not happening though so I think taking chocolate into work may be the best option!!

I've already checked ynab and the accounts, and have just figured that it's pay day week tomorrow :j

Right I'd better jump in the shower and look enthusiastic!! :rotfl:
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • MrsSave
    Forumite
    Dh posted my old phone back for me, so I should be getting money back from that soon. I should be getting £74 back, but did pay for special delivery which cost over £7 :eek: The £67 will be going into the Christmas pot.

Other than that there have been no spends today, though I have had a delivery. When I went Christmas shopping a couple of weeks ago, I got 2 £10 gift cards from Toys R Us. I used them at the weekend to buy an extra Christmas gift for each of my boys and ended up only spending £2 ish on delivery. I got a Lego set for my eldest, and a laughing baby tellytubby for the little one (when did the tellytubbies have babies???). A catalogue came with the delivery, which my 4 year old didn't put down for ages!!
  • MrsSave
    Forumite
    Typical!! Today I didn't need to wake up until a little later, I forgot to change my alarm and was fast asleep when it went off!! :mad: I very rarely sleep until my alarm but obviously today was the day!!

Today should be a nsd. Work all day and no plans this evening. We've got just under £20 to last until tomorrow night, but will be getting chips out tomorrow as we're going to watch the local Christmas lights being switched on straight after ds1 has his swimming lesson. There should be a little left from the £20 though.

I need to sort next week's meal plan. I may do that this morning as I'm awake so early!! I also need to the try on the jumpers I ordered to make sure they fit otherwise I can return them this weekend.

Right, I may as well get up and have a cold shower - no heating or hot water as boiler half way through being changed!!
  • MrsSave
    Forumite
    Today was a loooong day in work - coming down with a cold/bad throat and brain wasn't wanting to work. I have a feeling tomorrow will be similar. Today wasn't a nsd either. I made a curry tonight, and when I mentioned it at the start of the week I said I'd pick up some poppadums/naan to go with it. Well I forgot! So I ended up in the local shop which cost so much more that the supermarket. Over £4!! That reminds me I haven't added it to ynab yet, will do that next.

I have a little curry left over for lunch tomorrow. Saves trying to decide what to make in the morning, and the argument between healthy and naughty!!!

I've had a couple of prolific surveys. :j After 11 days without. Im now waiting for the latest to come through so that I can cash out £6.

Right, time for sleep! Goodnight!
  • MrsSave
    Forumite
    I've been awake for an hour already - horrible sore throat. I've had a look in our medicine cupboard for throats lozenges, but none there. I will pop to the shop before work for some.

Everything is all about Black Friday! My plan is to spend £0 on it. There's nothing I need (plenty I'd like, but nothing I need!!!).

We're going to watch the Christmas lights being turned on tonight, and will grab some chips to eat whilst waiting as it is straight after ds1's swimming. We've got around £15 left in our weekly budget (but need to get throat lozenges with it), but after about the same amount in our left over fund as well. I should manage the throat bits and the chips for the £15 (I'll take water with us).
  • Morning Mrs S,

Get well soon xx
  • MrsSave
    Forumite
    A box of strepsils was £4.50!!! I left them in the shop!! Dh laughed when I got home and said I should have bought them!! Paracetamol and sugary snacks got me through work!! My boss gave me the option to go home but I decided to stay. There were only 2 of us in today, and I don't sit near her so wouldn't have infected her!!

I randomly spent £4.14 in the shop this morning (on a few bits, and it still came to less than 1 box of strepsils!!!), and yesterday when I picked up the curry bits I also spent £4.14 :rotfl:

Dh bought tonight's chips with change he had, so no money from the account :j we have just over £10 left this week which will go over to the left over pot taking that up to £25. A new money week starts tomorrow and the final big food shop of the week. I'll have to add up tomorrow to see how much we've spent in November, and whether we've come in under the £300 target. I've decided to set a target for the first 3 shops of December and not the one just before Christmas. I'm aiming for £200.
  • MrsSave
    Forumite
    Full of cold today, and my throat is still being a nuisance! Paracetamol is my new friend!!

Tesco has been delivered, which cost £63.45. I've added up our food spends for November (there may be a small top up this week, but it won't be much) and we've spend a total of £293.96 :j Still big, but far less than last month, and under budget. £263.12 was our weekly shops, and £30.84 in top ups.

Ds1 was supposed to be rugby training this morning, but it has been cancelled so we're getting a refund to our account. The refund amount is the exact same amount as the cost of the show that ds1 brought a letter home for yesterday!! Once the rugby money is in, and the trip money is out we've got £41 left for this week, and £31 left in our leftover pot. This week could be expensive though, as ds1 brought home a letter saying he will be needing a costume for their nativity (though didn't explain what!), there will no doubt be tickets going on sale for their nativity this week, and ds2 is having his picture taken at nursery.

We're going out for lunch today as there's are Christmas activities on in town. I've budgeted for this separately.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts