extraenergy. bunch of con artists and cowboys. DO NOT USE

Options
robber2
robber2 Posts: 558 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited 18 February 2016 at 1:20AM in Energy
At the end of my fixed rate deal I switched away from Extra energy to SSE. This was based purely on price, no issues with customer service (at the time). This was back at the begining of Dec 2015.

Extra Energy now owe me over £300 to settle my account but refuse to respond to online communications and reply to emails with a bland 'we will get back to you as soon as possible' response which they then do not follow up on. Nothing on their website tells me how to go about claiming this money back.

Even the evil big six, most of whom I have been with over the years have never treated me so badly.

Any advice on how I get my money out of their sweaty grasp would be most appreciated.

One to avoid at all costs.

thanks

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    robber2 wrote: »
    At the end of my fixed rate deal I switched away from Extra energy to SSE. This was based purely on price, no issues with customer service (at the time). This was back at the begining of Dec 2015.

Extra Energy now owe me over £300 to settle my account but refuse to respond to online communications and reply to emails with a bland 'we will get back to you as soon as possible' response which they then do not follow up on. Nothing on their website tells me how to go about claiming this money back.

Even the evil big six, most of whom I have been with over the years have never treated me so badly.

Any advice on how I get my money out of their sweaty grasp would be most appreciated.

One to avoid at all costs.

thanks

Terms and conditions page 8 para G

http://www.extraenergy.com/sites/default/files/PDF/Residential%20Terms%20and%20Conditions%2001.pdf
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • KnowWhen2FoldEm
    Options
    AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

They raise direct debits at will, and without reference to actual consumption.
    Then they hang on to the overpayments for weeks or months, in my case until I twice had to formally complain and threaten them with the regulator.
    This may all be incompetence, but it looks suspiciously like an MO for building large, interest-earning cash balances at customers' expense.

Your life is too valuable and too short to be worth any savings you may make here.

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

PS Should you foolishly ignore this advice, complain early, often and loudly. Always threaten to scale up your complaint to the regulator after the statutory period allowed for resolution. MAKE SURE THEY EXPLICITLY ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR COMPLAINT. The first time I complained, I realised they hadn't actually launched their formal procedure until I demanded it!
  • rowena01
    Options
    We've been with Extraenergy for 2 years and no problems until now. We are very low users as we have solar panels etc. Usage is about 1200 kwh per year. We were going to switch to their lantern tariff which gives similar costs as this year but the tariff they want us to use will increase our bills by 50%. I thought they were supposed to offer their most beneficial tariff. Goodbye ExtraEnergy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure