Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• Congratulations Snowscreamer

Regarding telling people, I so wish I could turn back the clock and not tell anyone about us TTC, it has ruined my whole journey and made it more stressful. People used to ask me all the time if I had 'any news' which was frustrating and now almost a year down the line, they have stopped and are probably thinking we are having problems but don't want to pry. Anytime I turn down an event or I don't drink alcohol, tongues are wagging and suspicious is raised. Nothing seems exciting and secretive about it at all now :(

When I did fall pregnant, I kept it to our parents, siblings and a few close friends. When I had my MMC, it was a bit of a relief not to have to tell a lot of people about it, however I do think some of the people were less/more supportive than others - which makes me know at which stage I will announce to them next time. If OH had his way, no-one would know until we knew it was definitely happening
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 October 2016 at 8:58PM
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD32 newthrift - 10DPO :cool:
    CD34 LittleMissGiggle - 19DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD5 ButterflyBabe - Awaiting ov :o
    CD10 Ratison - Awaiting ov :o
    CD12 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD20 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD23 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD23 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD24 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD41 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD65 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD2 twigpig - Awaiting ov :ohttps://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/353d56/

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD141 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Snowscreamer 15/10/16
    Firebird082 08/10/16
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • Rachylou I made the mistake since my engagement of letting onto a few close friends and cousins, and my parents (but oddly not OH's), who asked that we planned to waste no time trying once we were married.

However *touch wood* if everything goes well I imagine we will be lucky enough not to get too many prying questions as no one will have expected it to happen so soon (least of all me!) I have told two of my best friends (out of a close group of 5) as I was chatting to them and was physically unable to keep it to myself; I'm just too excited. However we were thinking of keeping schtum for parents until week 8 and then tell all 4 parents at that point. We'll see if I can last that long as I am really struggling to keep it to myself! And of course I may live to regret this cause of action if anything goes wrong :/ Fingers crossed.
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Regarding telling people; we didn't tell anyone when we started trying and we only told parents, DH's brother & SIL and couple of very close friends after the first MC. We have since shared it with my brother & SIL, SIL and a couple more friends. I didn't want loads of people to know we were ttc incase of added pressure but it has stopped some people keep asking when will we be having one which is better. When it does happen we won't be telling anyone, even parents until after the 12wk scan.
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Wow congrats snow! People are leaving the board quickly now as they are joining ATM! I have to ask though..what does TLP stand for? I'm trying to work out what abbreviation it is but can't haha.

I think I ovulated at some point over the weekend however only bd Friday so not holding out much hope, I feel alright about it tho as I'm taking a more relaxed view this month and it feels really good to have let go a bit, would deffo recommend it xz
  • A0503 wrote: »
    Wow congrats snow! People are leaving the board quickly now as they are joining ATM! I have to ask though..what does TLP stand for? I'm trying to work out what abbreviation it is but can't haha.

I think I ovulated at some point over the weekend however only bd Friday so not holding out much hope, I feel alright about it tho as I'm taking a more relaxed view this month and it feels really good to have let go a bit, would deffo recommend it xz

I was lurking for wayyyyyy too long. It means tiny little positive as opposed to BFP big fat positive. There were definitely two lines on the test but the control line was a lot darker than the result line... with the nausea and cramps I've been experiencing since however I'm going to take it as a BFP!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • Tiny little positive.
    Congrats snow screamer.
    OH is still working away. Think we might try SMEP when he's home next month.
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Hey snowscreamer, have you tried a clear blue digi test to confirm now? Really pleased your stay has been short. :)
    TTC #3..........
  • twigpig wrote: »
    Hey snowscreamer, have you tried a clear blue digi test to confirm now? Really pleased your stay has been short. :)

I haven't done any other test yet but am experiencing symptoms. I have another Boots cheapy left (bought a pack of 2 upon the assumption it wouldn't happen this quickly). Is it worth splashing out on a more expensive one and/or testing with the test I have left do you think?
  • I haven't done any other test yet but am experiencing symptoms. I have another Boots cheapy left (bought a pack of 2 upon the assumption it wouldn't happen this quickly). Is it worth splashing out on a more expensive one and/or testing with the test I have left do you think?

De-lurking again, sorry! Depends how desperate you are. I tested 2 days after my TLP and got another TLP. Then waited another 5 days and it was a BFP on a cheapie. No wasted money! :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback