Where can I buy a coloured toilet?

I need a new toliet as the cistern has cracked but it is ivory/champagne colour. Everywhere I've tried only sell white apart from one place which wanted £300 for one. I'm reluctant to replace the whole bathroom as it has a large corner bath with the walls are tiled round it.

Does anyone know where I might find a cheap ivory/champagne toilet please?

Thanks.

Comments

• HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Here, Here and Here.
  • BobProperty
    BobProperty Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    chrisw wrote: »
    ....Does anyone know where I might find a cheap ivory/champagne toilet please?.....
    HariboJunkies links may well be a solution but "cheap", I'm not sure. The last time I did something like this was a few years back and IIRC the part(s) cost £190.
    There are still a number of manufacturers who produce "Ivory" coloured ceramics but not "Champagne" so please make sure you know which one you need.
    A house isn't a home without a cat.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
    I have writer's block - I can't begin to tell you about it.
    You told me again you preferred handsome men but for me you would make an exception.
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks. From HariboJunkies links, prices seem to be about £130 for the pan plus £170 for the cistern which ties in with the £300 I was quoted previously.

I could just get the cistern but there is no guarantee of a match and it can't be returned if it's not right. It's particularly annoying when I can get a whole new white toilet for about £80.

I'll have to have a think about it some more.

Cheers.
  • toffeegirl
    toffeegirl Posts: 292 Forumite
    We have a grey bathroom suite and needed a new toilet..... we settled on a cheap white one to last until (whenever) we get it all redone. Not ideal, but stress-free!

Perhaps your alternative option is to box it in ..........?

Also - sometimes places like B&Q have a clearance area for odd sink / toilet parts which might give you a temporary / cheap fix whilst you find you longterm solution...
  • chrisw
    Putting a white one in with perhaps an ivory toilet seat was also my idea as I'm not really too bothered what it looks like, particularly as I'm probably sat on top of it most of the time, as long as it does its job without leaking.

Unfortunately, my wife doesn't share this view.

However, I do have a similar colour toilet in the downstairs bathroom, so I'm thinking of putting that upstairs, then I'll only have to replace a sink and toilet downstairs with a white one.

The job just seems to grow all the time for the sake of a small crack in a coloured cistern which you probably couldn't give away a few years ago.
  • purply
    purply Posts: 391 Forumite
    reclamation yard?

we moved into a house with a yukky turquoise bathroom suite with a leaky cistern -as we dont have the money to replace the bathroom just yet, we found the exact shade from a local reclamation yard. think it cost about 20 quid-maybe £25

hth
    Respond to every call that excites your spirit.
  • try freecycle!
  • chrisw
    try freecycle!
    Tried that but no joy.
    reclamation yard?

Good idea. Did you get it from around the Manchester area? Searching the internet, most seem to deal with building and architectural materials. I'll give some a ring in case they have one lurking somewhere.

Cheers.
  • Hi there,

My 1st thought was this: our last house was built in 2002 in 2 of our bathrooms the colour was either misty champagne or misty ivory made by ideal standard.

Another option would be to phone around/or ask any friends who are/or who know a plumber to keep an eye out for what you are looking for... they will be pulling them out to replace with a white suite probably! We managed to find a replacement cistern for a friend this way (she needed a 9l - in white but the don't make 9l anymore!)

btw I can see where your wife is coming from :o

Good luck - I hope you manage to find one - where there is a will...
  • lynnexxxo
    lynnexxxo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    I am going to be replacing my champagne/beige coloured toilet in the next few weeks. You can have it if you want it.

I'm in scotland though,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport