PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 15 July 2017

Comments

• elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all, thanks for the thread :)
    Seriously soggy here today. Good old Argyll weather! Hapoybi tackled the garden on our one day of summer haha. Yesterday I finished off stripping the bathroom.ceiling and D'S made a wonderful soup for dinner. Today I will nip in to town and pick up sandpaper and filler and start that in the bathroom.

tru he/she is indeed lucky to have found you!! My Coco was attacked by another dog st around a year old and became incredibly nervous around dogs he doesn't know. I have studied animal psychology so was working hard with him and then, just before Christmas, my neighbours dog attacked him :( we do agility with a fabulous trainer and behaviousist so now we see her weekly for agility and every few weeks for behavioural issues. Sadly where you have right or flight my boy would fight but purely through being scared. I am so sick of off lead dogs running up to him with the owner yelling it's ok he's friendly. My retort is now 'that may be so but mine isnt' but it doesn't make a blind bit of difference - I've also lectured people who say well if mine gets a up it will serve him right......maybe but mine will also be stressed out for days due to your lack of manners!
    Apologies I'm ranting but it annoys me so much that I am trying to do the best for mine and uneducated people ruin it!

Dinner tonight is paprika chicken only I don't have chicken, rice or a yellow pepper so it will be made with what I DO have - Turkey, red pepper and a few chips or mash. Need to go to stop for food but might leave that until tomorrow when it's quieter. I don't mind the spend though as I got a free £30 voucher when I changed my insurance :D
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Its a bit overcast here today but I have the wm on and it will be hung out, hopefully it will dry.

We are off out in a while to drop Evie off for her haircut, OH is going to treat me to breakfast while we wait :j

Once we get back I need to nip to the shops for a few bits and OH will mow the lawns.

DD went out last night with her friend who is home from uni and slept at his house the night, he is a lovely lad and his mum loves DD, for a while there we had hopes for the pair of them getting together although I did suspect for ages that he might be gay, he came out a couple of years back so no romance for them two :o but a great friend for life I think.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Judi - could it be something to do with your thyroid problem? After30 years of an underactive thyroid my hair is so fine and is prone to falling out periodically. I don't dye it because I'm lucky enough not to have gone grey, obviously a genetic thing as mum had very little grey when she was 80.

Tru and Elf, DD is getting a puppy this week and is being very conscientious about it, despite the fact that we had dogs all the time she was growing up, although she was really too young to remember the last time we had a puppy. She has read a lot and booked obedience classes - she and DH will need to decide who is in charge though and not be soppy over her. I was always pack leader and could command instant obedience, our dogs, although well behaved knew that they could get away with things with DH and the children.

The weather isn't great here in Yorkshire but I think we'll get out for a walk at some point and I have a jigsaw to finish.

DS and DW have decided they prefer the first house they saw and have decided to go all out for it so I hope they get it even though it means them being 45 minutes away rather than 5.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everyone, thanks to nmlc for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.

It's wet and miserable here and forecast to get pretty windy later - typical weather for the start of the "Glasgow Fair" fortnight!:(

I made chicken stock overnight in the SC so that's now in the pressure cooker with various veg, rice and brown lentils as it is just the weather for a bowl of soup.:)

Apart from some housework I've no plans for today so will chill with my kindle.

I hope everyone has a good day x
  • Afternoon.....((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Over at my friends yesterday, she had made scones, so we had scones with HM raspberry jam and thick whipped cream.....seriously yummy.

I managed to get a decent sympathy card yesterday, so took it over last night just before tea. B was pleased to see me, I had not been across since the night P died, did not want to intrude.

Its a dull morning OH is bowling this afternoon, I have enough of the chenille fabric to make a small bag, so thats on the cards this afternoon, should bet it finished.

Jacket spud with cheese and coleslaw for me tonight OH will get gis tea at the bowls.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Afternoon.....((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

I'll take a hug thanks csarina :)

On the subject of hugs, I think it's one of the things I really miss about being on my own...a loving, caring, proper hug :o

I honestly can't remember the last time I had one :o:(

Feeling rather down and out of sorts with myself. I'm not sure if I just need to give myself a kick up the backside but I just feel rather empty if that makes sense.
    I've had a very busy week so it's not as if I've been sat moping but I am very tired but despite that I feel restless, unsettled and not quite sure what to do with myself :o

Various things could be the cause and there isn't a lot I can do about most of them.

Sorry to be on a downer, it's the reason I haven't been posting.

I hope everyone is well and you all have a good weekend :A x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,243 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    karcher wrote: »
    I'll take a hug thanks csarina :)

On the subject of hugs, I think it's one of the things I really miss about being on my own...a loving, caring, proper hug :o

I honestly can't remember the last time I had one :(...

:grouphug: Have a dodgy hug with love from Blackpool hun xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Just dropping in to send more virtual (((HUGS))) to Karcher I know that feeling (luckily not for a few years) and genuinely hope you are in the up soon x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Back home from my shopping trip and very pleased with all I bought Still £18.79 under my £60.00 budget for July so fingers crossed this surplus will get swept into my holiday savings account at the end of the month Manged also to buy reduced in Lidl's 4 vintage cheese b'burgers for £1.60 which will do for my DGS one day in the summer holidays as I have frozen them. I look after the boys from next Wednesday until we go away on the 18th of next month so I keep a keen eye out for things I can add bits to to feed them. Also snaffled five HUGE sweet chilli chicken thighs reduced for £1.75 which have been portioned up and frozen With chips and salad and maybe a jacket spud thats enough to fill their hollow legs as well :):). It all helps a bit and the boys will eat virtually anything thats put in front of them.

No more shopping for me this month which I am pleased about so my little cash food purse can get stashed at the back pocket of my handbag out of the way :):):)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Afternoon all,
    - could it be something to do with your thyroid problem? After30 years of an underactive thyroid my hair is so fine and is prone to falling out periodically. I don't dye it because I'm lucky enough not to have gone grey, obviously a genetic thing as mum had very little grey when she was 80.
    Not sure it's down to my thyroid. I am on thyroxine anyway and my levels are checked periodically.

Prodigal is in hospital. We went to the doctors together yesterday for his mental health assessment but health issues took over and he was sent straight to hospital. He's been in there ever since.

Hubby is unsupportive and has washed his hands of him...which leaves me fighting prodigals corner whilst no one else gives a damn. The girls make the right noises but thats it. Eldest Son is happy he's getting the help he needs but doesn't want to get involved. Youngest is downright insulting towards him....not to his face thankfully.

I have had Whirlwind all morning and hubby is asleep. I'll be visiting Prodigal in an hour. I've had to buy him some clothes which hubby isn't happy about cause he's had to pay me back for to save me going into my OD.

Onwards ........

You get the drift...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family