A to Z of Bank Addresses

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,004 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Give customer service a ring and they will give you the address to send the Sar to.
    0845 602 1582

Here is the Sar
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553
    Ask for all info they hold on you and enclose £10, give them 40 days to respond.
  • Does anyone have an address for Halifax when sending a SARS letter????
    thanks
    mark
  • amersall
    Halifax
    P O Box 548
    Leeds
    LS1 1WU

I would send it to this address and head it DSAR request.
  • mikestH
    mikestH Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi everyone! Firstly thanks to all for sharing their stories (good and bad), always helps to know we're not alone when things get tough, and Martin+team keep up the good work the website is brilliant!!

Right here goes (deep breath..) I'm about to try and reclaim PPI for two £10k loans I had with Abbey National (now Santander) but they were quite sometime ago (late 1990's-early 2000's-sorry bit sketchy on the dates) and two for around £6k I had with Blackhorse Finance, first pre-2006 the second right after.

Unfortunately during several house moves I decided to destroy all the paperwork as they were all settled (that'll teach me to be organised!) so now have no details of the accounts etc. and for the life of me can't remember if I had PPI on all of them or not (but suspect I did as I'm pretty sure they almost demanded it!).

First question then is do I go ahead and just send the claims in to them or should I spend the £10 a-time on a DSAR first?

Also I did get myself into some distressing situations with several credit cards after my 17-year relationship broke down which resulted in my going to County Court with debts of £15k to Marbles (£10k limit maxed, rest was interest!), and £5k each to Barclaycard and Halifax, as I couldn't afford the repayments to them as I was still supporting my children (as I should) so was using the credit cards to live month-to-month (silly I know).

Anyway I managed to get the interest frozen on all of them as my outgoings surpassed my income to the tune of almost £1000 a month and then over several years paid them all off (yeah!), but I'm pretty sure they all had PPI too.

So the second question is should I try to claim back on those too or not?

Finally I'm being made redundant in June (yeah it just keeps getting better) and I have one credit card left with MBNA (arranged via Abbey) that I'm pretty sure does have PPI (but I'm going to check),

So my third and final question (honest!) is do I pay that off with some of my redundancy pay (just shy of £2900 outstanding on it) or wait and see if I get another job first, then if not use the PPI insurance to make the payments, or something esle?

Ok if you've not lost the will to live after all that any advice/encouragement/good jokes would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and whatever happens to you in life never give up, you'll be able to look back and laugh one day (or a least not cry!).

All the best and good luck all with your claims,
    Mike.
    :T
  • mikestH
    mikestH Posts: 6 Forumite
    First post so apologies to all.
  • Hi took a credit card out in 2004 i know its called bank one visa clasics, but cant find a address for them anywhere for a ppi claim, not sure if they been taken over by another bank?
  • amersall
    mikestH wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Firstly thanks to all for sharing their stories (good and bad), always helps to know we're not alone when things get tough, and Martin+team keep up the good work the website is brilliant!!

Right here goes (deep breath..) I'm about to try and reclaim PPI for two £10k loans I had with Abbey National (now Santander) but they were quite sometime ago (late 1990's-early 2000's-sorry bit sketchy on the dates) and two for around £6k I had with Blackhorse Finance, first pre-2006 the second right after.

Unfortunately during several house moves I decided to destroy all the paperwork as they were all settled (that'll teach me to be organised!) so now have no details of the accounts etc. and for the life of me can't remember if I had PPI on all of them or not (but suspect I did as I'm pretty sure they almost demanded it!).

First question then is do I go ahead and just send the claims in to them or should I spend the £10 a-time on a DSAR first?

Also I did get myself into some distressing situations with several credit cards after my 17-year relationship broke down which resulted in my going to County Court with debts of £15k to Marbles (£10k limit maxed, rest was interest!), and £5k each to Barclaycard and Halifax, as I couldn't afford the repayments to them as I was still supporting my children (as I should) so was using the credit cards to live month-to-month (silly I know).

Anyway I managed to get the interest frozen on all of them as my outgoings surpassed my income to the tune of almost £1000 a month and then over several years paid them all off (yeah!), but I'm pretty sure they all had PPI too.

So the second question is should I try to claim back on those too or not?

Finally I'm being made redundant in June (yeah it just keeps getting better) and I have one credit card left with MBNA (arranged via Abbey) that I'm pretty sure does have PPI (but I'm going to check),

So my third and final question (honest!) is do I pay that off with some of my redundancy pay (just shy of £2900 outstanding on it) or wait and see if I get another job first, then if not use the PPI insurance to make the payments, or something esle?

Ok if you've not lost the will to live after all that any advice/encouragement/good jokes would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and whatever happens to you in life never give up, you'll be able to look back and laugh one day (or a least not cry!).

All the best and good luck all with your claims,
    Mike.
    :T
    Hi, you have posted this in the wrong place :D but I will let you off just this once :D

Firstly, any accounts you do not have info for then you should do a Sar
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

Ask for all info they hold on you.

Give as much info as you can so they can look for your accounts, DOB Address Etc, enclose £10 and give them 40 days to respond, if you have 2 accounts with the one bank then one Sar will do.

Any accounts that have arrears can be reduced by any redress that you win.
    You can put claims in for the Barclays and Marbles, if you have no info then do Sars.

With the redundancy I would hang fire and see if you win any redress, as the card is still running that you may pay off, then you need to get the claim in for mis sell
    you only need the card number and reasons for mis sell, If you put the claim then the PPI is cancelled from that point so you need to think about what you should do, how much would a claim on the Insurance be worth over the 12 months? It is possible that you may reduce the balance on this card if you do it this way, on the other hand if you get wages in lieu of notice with the redundancy, then you have to wait until you have to sign on , this will depend on how many weeks wages in lieu you get.
    The choice is yours at the end of the day but think about this before you make a hasty decision.
  • amersall
    Hi took a credit card out in 2004 i know its called bank one visa clasics, but cant find a address for them anywhere for a ppi claim, not sure if they been taken over by another bank?

Hi, post your question here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169

More may know the answer to this on the link I gave, I do not I am afraid.
  • bmc85
    bmc85 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Does anyone know which tesco address I should send my questionaire to?

I got a phone number to put a claim in over the phone but it is constantly engaged so just going to send out a letter.

There are 3 in the OP.

TESCO PERSONAL FINANCE CRA ENQUIRIES,
    CREDIT CARD OPERATIONS CENTRE,
    PO BOX 6050,
    SOUTHEND ON SEA,
    SS99 1WL

TESCO PERSONAL FINANCE RBS,
    TAY HOUSE,
    5TH FLOOR,
    BATH STREET,
    GLASGOW,
    G2 4RS

Customer Service Contact Details:

Tesco Personal Finance,
    PO Box 104010,
    George House (4th Floor),
    36 North Hanover Street,
    Glasgow, G1 2YG
    Tel: 0845 600 6768
  • amersall
    Have not got a clue, on the website it tells you to put the complaint into the address on the literature for your product, if any of the address's above are from your accounts then that must be where you send them to, someone else may help with this if they have put a complaint into Tesco.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure