IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart Parking- NtK issued

Options
13»

Comments

• Parky2017
    Parky2017 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It is now a full fortnight since sending my initial appeal to the PPC. I lodged my appeal within the 14 days required by the PPC and I have heard nothing at all, neither by post nor by email. I am expecting to be sent a POPLA code. Should I be concerned by the timescales here?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    no , they have 35 days to decide and respond
  • Parky2017
    edited 17 May 2017 at 5:54PM
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    no , they have 35 days to decide and respond

Thank you kindly Redx.

Incidentally, I made sure to take multiple screenshots at every stage of my online appeal input, so that should (hopefully) stand me in good stead, should Smart Parking ever claim that they did not receive my appeal.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They will fold, I predict!

Smart don't like the forum template appeal. They know they will lose at POPLA anyway, as you are now a clued-up appellant.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Parky2017
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    They will fold, I predict!

Smart don't like the forum template appeal. They know they will lose at POPLA anyway, as you are now a clued-up appellant.

:)

I can confirm that you are 100% correct!

As you predicted, Smart Parking have today CANCELLED my PCN as a direct result of the initial template letter. There was no POPLA code provided by the PPC, nor any need for me to produce a detailed pdf rebuttal document.

I am ecstatic at this result, and massively grateful for the invaluable guidance and support provided by members of this forum. Thank you all for your unbelievable kindness and your patience. It is truly heartening that complete strangers can come together in this way, to defeat injustice. :T
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hooray!

:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure