The Swagbucks Challenge

Comments

• DreamerV
    DreamerV Posts: 823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ah ok. Don't worry. It takes ages for the voucher to actually show anyhow. I requested it over a week ago (and verified it then) and am still waiting. Think someone (was it Gill?) mentioned it taking 2 weeks for hers. It doesn't bother me too much, as I'll be saving them up and spending them in October (boring I know, but spending them on textbooks, as I won't have the money otherwise lol). Although after I've saved enough for Oct and Feb textbooks, I'm going to save up to treat myself.

Can I ask what kind of things are you all saving for with your Amazon vouchers? I quite like books but have too much clutter so kindle is one idea for me. The other is an iPad. But have any of you saved for anything more unusual?
  • Savvy_cash
    Savvy_cash Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi DreamerV, like you I have far too many books so I'm saving my amazon vouchers for clothes, household items, even considering putting them towards xmas prezzies since they don't expire for ages! :)
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CODE OUT !!!

Facebook
  • GILL635
    GILL635 Posts: 379 Forumite
    cally6008 wrote: »
    CODE OUT !!!

Facebook

Just beat me to it!

xx
  • GILL635
    GILL635 Posts: 379 Forumite
    DreamerV wrote: »
    Ah ok. Don't worry. It takes ages for the voucher to actually show anyhow. I requested it over a week ago (and verified it then) and am still waiting. Think someone (was it Gill?) mentioned it taking 2 weeks for hers. It doesn't bother me too much, as I'll be saving them up and spending them in October (boring I know, but spending them on textbooks, as I won't have the money otherwise lol). Although after I've saved enough for Oct and Feb textbooks, I'm going to save up to treat myself.

Can I ask what kind of things are you all saving for with your Amazon vouchers? I quite like books but have too much clutter so kindle is one idea for me. The other is an iPad. But have any of you saved for anything more unusual?

T'was me, and I am saving for a Kindle! Great minds eh ?

xx
  • blondy24
    blondy24 Posts: 702 Forumite
    CODEOUT Facebook

Sorry to be thick but what do you mean??
  • camis
    camis Posts: 197 Forumite
    I'm saving my Amazon vouchers for textbooks - I'm off to uni to do a PGCE in September and although everyone says to get books form the library, I know I'll end up buying them!
    £2,012 in 2012 # 219
    £1032 / £2,012 (as at 1/7)
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    blondy24 wrote: »
    CODEOUT Facebook

Sorry to be thick but what do you mean??

If you've liked swagbucks on facebook you should be able to see a post on their page which is a swagcode, copy and paste it in to the box at the top right of the swagbucks home page for the bonus sb's.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • DreamerV
    Savvy_cash wrote: »
    Hi DreamerV, like you I have far too many books so I'm saving my amazon vouchers for clothes, household items, even considering putting them towards xmas prezzies since they don't expire for ages! :)

Haha I volunteered for the RedCross when books were 6 for a £1 (no I'm not that old, the books were just cheap!) - I have boxes full. Hmm maybe I could sell them at a car boot sale for 4 for a £1 (to cover entry costs) and get rid of them. That's an idea.

Xmas pressies - good idea, think a few people are doing that. I don't really do the presents thing. But if I did, I'd probably do that. Must cost you all a fortune!
  • DreamerV
    camis wrote: »
    I'm saving my Amazon vouchers for textbooks - I'm off to uni to do a PGCE in September and although everyone says to get books form the library, I know I'll end up buying them!

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm in my 2nd year as a mature student and don't get the same funding as the younger ones (as I left a longer degree before in Scotland). It costs a fortune! We're coming up for exams in 4 weeks now, and the 1 book I didn't buy, is not available in the library because there are 300+ students in the year, 20 of whom are trying to get 10 copies at the same time! Always best to have your own and then sell them on! 2nd hand ones can be hard to come by if the module leaders change which textbook they are using :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure