Forum Introduction Guide official discussion

Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
Forumite
edited 6 November 2015 at 10:29AM in Site feedback
articlealert2_banner.gif

MSE Official Update:

In April 2015 we launched a new Forum design. If you'd joined the Forum before then you have the choice of using either the old green or new blue versions. If you joined after you are using the new blue version. This Forum Introduction Guide is a guide to the old green Forum.

A new guide is in the pipeline. Meanwhile, this discussion is here for reference for any forum users still using the old green version.

Hi everyone!

This thread's specifically for discussing the Forum Introduction Guide. Feedback is welcome. Please reply below to let us know your thoughts.
Just click 'reply' to discuss it
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Advice for starting a new thread might also include to make sure that the thread is on the correct board suitable to deal with that particular question.

As my dad taught me, measure twice, cut once :)
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Not so much for the guide but a 'Capcha' code for the first half dozen threads from a newbie would go a long way to cut down on spammers, particularly the :spam:bots.
  • I can't believe you used the word "bargainistas" - even Google Chrome spell check doesn't recognise it :)
  • meher
    meher Posts: 15,910
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 3 February 2013 at 2:55PM
    Very entertaining :D and useful. Soothing background music. Very stylish editing. I didn't like the narrator though. It is always better to have men as narrators because they wouldn't have that shrill in their tone and it would be gentler to listen to. This one reminded me of the nuns :o:D we had at school. Have you listened to the narrator on hostelworld. He is so good, he wooed me to visit some places. Apart from the narrator voice and accent, this is comprehensive and informative.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 12 February 2013 at 3:50PM
    I can't believe you used the word "bargainistas" - even Google Chrome spell check doesn't recognise it :)
    I don't even know what that word means :o Is it a country in South America?
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Errata wrote: »
    I don't even know what that word means :o Is it a country in South America?

They're like the Sandistas but with more shopping:D

barginista2_zpsb82aa004.jpg
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • After seeing a programme with Martin Lewis hosting regarding flight delays I contacted Thomas Cook.

I got a reply within a week of my letter and have today received a voucher from them so am now looking forward to having a holiday to compensate for my delay.

Thanks Martin and Thomas Cook
  • Hi
    I wonder if you casn help me - with regard to PPI

I want to write on this site to the forum people - how do I do this under my own name etc?

thanks
  • cranefly wrote: »
    Just signed up but although I can access forums there is no way I can see where to post something.

I have the same problem. The video does not work.i am not sure if this will be posted
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure