Tesco Internet Saver

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    the T's account is a joint one, and we BOTH have our own individual ISAs too! Aargh!)

Then the Tesco account cant't be an ISA?

The clue is in the I..........
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Sorry, I wasn't aiming that at you - there's a regular poster on this board who thinks the slightest typo in an email warrants a complaint and claim for compensation.

Ahh - got you. My usual "home" is DFW, not familiar with this board so much!
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Hi EssexHebridean,

Thanks for the heads up even if it was not intended that way. :)

You will have stopped many of us on the MSE forum panicking wildly upon receipt of our emails. I only checked mine after reading your post.

I certainly would have been greatly concerned and contacted Tesco. In fact I will now go on their (excellent) forum and check out the fallout!

It kind of was as my first thought (hope!) was "this MUST" be an error, and also that I didn;t mind betting there were others who'd got the same!
    xylophone wrote: »
    Then the Tesco account cant't be an ISA?

The clue is in the I..........

Precisely - so if they've somehow managed to register it as an ISA then it's an even bigger problem!
    The fact is however, they have sent out emails saying that people DO hold ISA's with them... Pretty much guaranteed to cause alarm, that! (Especially bearing in mind how many recipients of the MSE email would have one of those accounts, and also an ISA!)
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    ColdIron wrote: »
    You can't set up Tesco's current accounts to pull DDs so no danger of this happening
    I have a DD set up to pay my Tesco Bank credit card from my Tesco Bank current account with the first one due out towards the end of this month.

All of a sudden I am a bit worried about Tesco Bank making mistakes..
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 March 2018 at 6:07PM
    Sorry, I wasn't aiming that at you - there's a regular poster on this board who thinks the slightest typo in an email warrants a complaint and claim for compensation.
    Ah! Goosey Goosey Gander
    In my lady's Chambers.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I don't have an ISA with Tesco.........but on checking my in box , I see that I do have the e-mail....

Mchambers, where are you?:rotfl:
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    yeah I had an email from Tesco too, saying I had an ISA with them but I don't.
  • Just had another email from them, this time asking for feedback because "You recently called Tesco Bank and we would love to hear about your experience". I've never phoned Tesco Bank.

It's as if every message in their system is being sent to every customer.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Another recipient here.

Slapdash
  • Trying17
    Trying17 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Had the same as well, I like Tesco bank, but sometimes they don't feel me with confidence.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm a big fan of Tesco bank but their email system has been unreliable for a few months now. I have balance alerts setup and they consistently come through 2 or 3 days late which is less than useful, the first of these caused me to make a duplicate transfer until I figured out what was going on. I routinely disregard their emails now or treat them as advisory at best
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure