Ireland - Using a Kindle / Fire

I want to give a Kindle and a Fire to a friend in Ireland (Southern).

Is there anyone here that knows if you can access Amazon content etc from Southern Ireland or whether the territory is blocked for any reason.

Thanks
:hello:

Comments

• I can't imagine that S Ireland will be blocked from any content. Have you asked amazon ?
  • I can't imagine that S Ireland will be blocked from any content. Have you asked amazon ?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Strangely, that was my first port of call... and my second... and third.... and...

I have called Amazon four times and can't get a straight answer.

I have been told if I bought from Amazon.co.uk then the device won't work BUT if I buy from Amazon.com then it will... but the Amazon.com device is US spec. But that 'advice' was then contradicted by another call to them.

Some say the territory doesn't matter another will say it depends on the internet provider???

Bloomin' awful service from the call centre..... and as there is no Amazon Ireland I have to rely to whatever the call centre tells me... which is proving less that credible.

Hence asking here and hoping someone knows something that might help.

(Eire is not part of the UK and is its own separate EU country with its own currency).
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,507
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I've just come back from southern Ireland. Had no problem.
  • I have a definitive answer.....

Kindle books and music will be OK for download from Amazon UK - for the Fire and e-readers.

All video and some games will not be available because of international licence agreements.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport