New place, fresh start..

Comments

• JLS1901
    JLS1901 Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well it's Friday, I'm on a days leave today then I'm back in tomorrow for 7 and on lates (which I hate!) really struggling with the shifts we do (not the hours but the structure) and some of my colleagues attitudes.. it seems if your like me and you'll do whatever needs doing you get put on while the others complain and have a 'that's not my job' attitude and things don't get done and us that do the other stuff end up doing them as others refuse.

I have been thinking alot about life lately tho and I'm very very lucky to have what I have.. I live in a beautiful place, I have a full time job and I'm able to afford food and a car. Things have been getting me down but just got to keep thinking positive!

Welly x
    :wave:
  • JLS1901
    Hello everyone..
    Been quiet a while, just been mad busy working really.. still in a mess with money.. MOT is due on the 1st be very surprised if it passes.. also need to pay my mate back the £440 I owe her at the end of this month, no money for the car repairs so may even end up carless.. still looking for a second job but can't find anything to fit my shifts at my full time job.. feel like it's a never ending battle..

Welly x
  • JLS1901
    When you feel like the lowest of the low.. really not sure how I'm going to pay for my cars MOT and the slap in the face that you have no savings no emergency plan for these things that come around every year...

Really need to sort things out feel so lost.

Welly x
  • JLS1901
    Just signed up to YNAB no idea how to work it but will have a look.. I'm hoping this will keep me on the right track.. I'm wasteful and lazy so deffo need to get sorted x
  • Hi Wellylass,

Read your diary last night :) i am in a similar situation, going through a break up and in the middle of moving out, will be moving in to my own rented house on the 28th :)

I have about 1.4k of debt which will increase to over the 2k mark due to moving house etc but once im settled will be throwing all i have at it each month to get rid!
    Tesco Loan - 9177
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Stay positive Welly! We are all in this together *big hugs*
  • JLS1901
    edited 25 February 2017 at 10:34AM
    Hello... it's Saturday :) I'm off for 4 days!
    Went to a mates last night and had wine and a Chinese.. Very surprisingly the car flew through its MOT :) which is a big relief.. I cancelled my RAC cover on the 18th as realized I could get it cheaper so need to sort that out now..

Going to redo my YNAB on Tuesday when I get paid and hopefully it will make a bit more sense.. Got £180 left in my current account, plan on buying breakdown cover and putting the rest on the credit card. MY mate has said I can wait to pay her back as she doesn't need the money until June so I can hopefully clear my highest interest card by then x
  • JLS1901
    edited 28 February 2017 at 10:16AM
    Hello everyone!!
    It's payday whoo.. I've just been entering this months money on to YNAB, I *think* I'm doing it right but I'm not so sure will have to recap some of the things I've read and see how it turns out.. it reckons I have £332 left to budget.. I could pay half the Halifax CC with that which is going up to another stupid rate. I really hope it clicks and makes me realize how quickly I can get rid of my debt.

I'm on the last of 4 days off, back in on the earlies tomorrow which I don't mind.

Things to do today:

- Go food shopping (I've decided to get this and my fuel money out in cash. Once it's gone it's gone.)
    - Do some more washing.
    - Make lasagna for lunches for the week in slow cooker.
    - Go for a smear (Much not enjoyed but much needed)
    - Pick up prescription.

I'm also going to look for a few bits to sell got odds and sods in cupboards that I never use just never get round to selling them this will go towards the debt.

Feeling in a better mind frame about it all than I have done for a long time! I don't think I have been as pro active as I could have been to some extent but then when I think back to last year and how I was dumped over Facebook whilst I was away lambing in a place 8 hours away, when I left that farm I had no home to go to, no job and I was devastated I literally just had the dirty lambing clothes in my bag... now I have a full time job, I live in the perfect place, I have good friends, I'm back close to my family and I feel HAPPY.

Guess what I'm saying is don't get lost in the moment, I let things get to me but when I break it down and look back things have changed so much and I did that.. I got myself off the floor when there seemed no point in going on and have got the things I wanted, I knew I was worth more than the way he treated me and I know eventually I ll be debt free.

All takes time, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Welly x
  • JLS1901
    Well seems my positive vibes were sort of short lived.. have had a stressful few days at work, feeling rather lonely and off at the moment.. all my mates are busy doing things and I seem to be working I guess I'm just missing the company. I've found a few local meet up groups which I'm hoping to join.

Just been doing some sums, hoping I can pay about £400 off my Halifax credit card at the end of the month. The hope I can pay the rest off next month, then I need to pay my friends back and then can tackle the Tesco card. It feels like a never ending journey but it will happen in time.

Welly x
  • Jacko_amz
    Jacko_amz Posts: 254 Forumite
    I am the same Wellylass i have days when i feel on top of the world and loving life! then i have a day where i feel so lonely and lost :(

You will get there though, well done on £400 off a CC that is fab!
    Tesco Loan - 9177
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport