PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 3rd October 2016

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Me again. More clearing up done. LittleyDog is really not herself today, so no walks planned. I have done also:

15 mins on exercise bike
    Quick bath
    Quick hoover through
    Washed up my breakfast dishes
    One washload which I'm about to put on the line when I finish my cuppa.

It's a beautiful day, so glad I'll be spending it outside.

Bossy - maybe you'll just have to accept a stained shirt while DS has got his cast on? Annoying though that is!
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all.

Lie in this morning, WM is on, TD has been on and will be on again. Yes its nice and sunny out, but we're going out and DD needs her uniform for tomorrow :o DD is going to wash up while I sort dry laundry out and put tea in the slow cooker, then she'll iron some uniform then we're off to take Zack for a long walk in a big park. I'm just hoping there's not too many dogs off lead there.

Later I need to sew some belt loops onto DD's new school pants and do a couple of sewing repairs. Bitty day here then so roll on tomorrow when I can get stuck in as it's been a bitty week and I feel like I've achieved nothing. :(
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • Meekie
    Meekie Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to you all and sorry for the lack of posting over the last few days. Hugs to those who are feeling the loss of CY most.

Serves me right for grumbling about the laundry earlier in the week but I now have a baby with a tummy bug- lots of projectile vomiting and gravity defying pooping. The joys!

We also attempted to cut ds1's hair yesterday but failed to catch him in time to prevent him leaving bits of hair all over the house :rotfl: Very mse to do it ourselves but sadly created a lot of extra tidying up. :mad:

Thanks for the lists this week and looking forward to new ones for tomorrow. Have a nice weekend:o
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs and good wishes for everyone.
    Went carboot early this morning and nipped in to see dd1 on the way back as we picked her up a barstool for work so she can make stickers in comfort instead of standing to work. Also got her a lovely staffie head garden ornament, it looks just like her dog so couldn't resist. I got a couple of fairy doors for the garden as well. Guy stands at the boot who makes garden stoneware and it's really good quality.
    Got Dh to take the lip off the edge of a DVD shelf unit yesterday so it now fits perfectly in the lounge instead of the hall.

Going to potter today.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    LittleyDog is really not herself today,
    Aww. poor lamb; I'll do some healing for her.

I've looked up the gen on Gabapentin (GP has flagged me up as sensitive to it so that I don't get given it again) and it seems I've had a lucky escape. Whilst it's great for some people, for those it doesn't sit well with, it's hell on earth! I will also not be taking her up on the offer of Pregabalin (to be fair, she left it to me to decide once the Gaba is out of my system, and she did say it was very possible I'd have similar problems with that). Apparently it's a pretty similar drug, and like Gaba, should only be used with extreme caution by people who already deal with suicidal thoughts. So that's a "thanks, but no thanks" then. :o

Mr LW is waiting for me to struggle into my coat - actually, scrap that, he can help me into it - then it's a foray to Herr A as we're nearly out of milk yet again. I'd let him go on his own, but I want some other stuff, and I don't entirely trust him to get the right items - he does try (my patience, lol) but you know how it is with men and grocery shopping. :rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,776 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 October 2016 at 2:17PM
    Options
    well whoever sent me their GUAG I suppose I ought to be grateful.. I am ploughing through the mire that is DS's room; I have stripped his bed, the bedding will be washed later when he is home from work because I will stick his shirt in, too. Everywhere is now dusted. Dust was so severe it needed a damp cloth :eek:it was a positive dust bunny WARREN, I have flung some bits, I have opened his uni pots box and rearranged so I can remove another box. I also looked closely at his oven glove. I have binned his oven glove. barf.gif TBH this would have been dealt with earlier but I have suffered from a lot of CBA/what's the point given circumstances over the summer. Now I am back at work and, of course, time poor I feel the need to clean and clear. Just having a :coffee: then I will get the vacuum up there...

will add because no-ones posting. DS's room vacuumed. I have made a start on mine in between stopping for lunch. I have put all my carefully-saved gift bags inside the largest gift bag and put them away. I have used the empty, Christmassy box I got for Christmas (full) to store tissue, bows and tags etc. Roll wrap has gone into the really useful box on top of the wardrobe and I have pout the brown cardboard box I used to use in the recycling. I brought it from our old house. We've lived here 18 years this month.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    well whoever sent me their GUAG I suppose I ought to be grateful..
    So that's where it's been! Hand it back, this instant! *Taps foot* :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done Valli, lots achieved.
    Thanks for the healing vibes for LittleyDog, LW. She is currently sunning herself.

So I've spent 4 hours in the garden and the inside of my greenhouse is now sparkly despite all the help from a muddy Poppet. Positively a frog that job, so I'm glad it's done.

We had a really sudden heavy shower which has soaked the garden but I've left the washing out as the sun is out again now.

So what next - reading the paper I think. And DH is taking me out for Sunday dinner later.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Valli. Well done on tackling your DS's pit, although it looks as though both you and Jazee's doglets have something in common this morning. Ah, carpet scrubbing, I remember it well ... and it's only a matter of time before I have to do it again. It's one of the joys of having doglets, isn't it, Jazee. Flylady Fluffy Bubbles heading your way.

One load through the WM and pegged out, lots of cooking going on, ground floor carpets done and dining room dusted.

I'm going to write to Simon *.!"£$%^&*()_+{}:@~?><***& Rimmer because if a TV chef posts a recipe on the BBC website he should at least have had the decency to have tested it. It couldn't have been cooked before it went up there because the pastry case can't hold all the filing. The recipe says to bake it for 30 mins - I pulled it out after an hour and a half to photograph the disaster and it's still slopping about in the pastry case. What a waste of time and ingredients. So, anyone who thinks he knows what he's doing - think again. Back to Delia and Jamie.
    Better is good enough.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bulbs and violets all planted and watered. Kiddies helped - bl00dy arguing the whole time despite me giving them jobs at opposite sides of the garden. I had a strop and said no pets until I can see they are being kinder to one another :eek:

Anyway, flowers look very pretty, am sure it will be even nicer in a few days once they have settled in. Lol, DD said "mum are these flowers in tea bags" haha have you seen the little "pockets" they are grown in, they do look a bit like soil- pfilled tea bags...

We've just had a late lunch and DD is nattering me for a dolls tea party. Off I go...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family